Lemon cake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemon cake

Several years ago, I got a recipe from here for a lemon cake with lemon icing. I believe it was made from a lemon box cake, lemon pudding or lemon jello. I'm hoping that someone here might have this recipe since I've lost it when my old computer went up and I never printed it out.

Re: Lemon cake

Good Lemon Cake

4 large eggs
    2/3 cup canola oil
    2/3 cup water
    1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
    1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin

Icing:
    2 cups confectioners' sugar
    lemon juice

1. Mix together; beat 4 minutes. Put into greased tube pan.
    2. Bake in 350F oven 35-40 minutes.
    3. Cool, then pierce the top of the cooled cake with a fork.
    4. Make icing from confectioners' sugar and lemon juice, drizzle over cake.

For even a better taste we add the zest of 1 lemon to the batter, then the juice of 2 lemons and the zest from the remaining lemon to the glaze.

Comment

Lemon Cake

1 Yellow Cake Mix
      1 small box instant lemon pudding
      5 eggs
      3/4 cup oil
      3/4 cup milk
      2 T. vanilla

Glaze:
      5 T. orange juice
      3 T. lemon juice
      2 Cups powdered sugar
      Whisk together

Mix all together with mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into your greased and floured bundt pan. Bake 45 minutes. Take out of oven and prick holes in hot cake. Pour over glaze and bake for 5 minutes. Let cool and turn pan upside down and cake should easily come out of pan.

Comment

Strawberry Cake

1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
        3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
        4 eggs
        1/2 cup softened butter
        3/4 cup water
        1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
        1 package frozen strawberries, thawed, divided

1 pound confectioners' sugar, about 3 3/4 cup
        1/2 cup softened butter

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, flour, eggs, butter, water, gelatin, and about 3/4 of the thawed strawberries. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9-inch layer cake pans or 9x13x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove layers to rack to cool completely. 9x13x2-inch cake may be left in pan for frosting and serving.

In a medium bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, butter, and remaining strawberries until smooth and creamy (leave some of the excess strawberry juice out and add back a little at a time, so frosting isn't too thin). Frost cooled cake; store in refrigerator.

Note: May bake in a tube pan at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes. For a glaze, mix leftover juice with small amount of confectioners sugar. Pour glaze over warm cake.

Comment

http://www.copykatchat.com/breads-baked-goods/29025.htm

Light Lemon Cake from "taste of home.......fast fixes with mixes"

1 package ( 18 ou ) light yellow cake mix
          1 pk ( 3.4 ou ) instant lemon pudding mix
          1 3/4 c water
          3 egg whites
          3/4 c cold fat free milk
          1/2 t lemon extract
          1 pk ( 1 ou ) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
          1 carton ( 8 ou) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed

in a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, lemon pudding mix, water and egg whites. beat on low speed for 1 min. pour into a 13x9" cake pan coated with non stick spray. bake at 350 for 23-28 min or until toothpick comes out clean. cool. in a mixing bowl, combine milk, extract and vanilla pudding mix. beat on low for 2 min. fold in whipped topping. spread over cake. store in the fridge. YIELD: 20 servings. EDITORS NOTE: sugar freee lemon pudding mix is not available

Comment

Just thought I'd throw this in. I have a old 1955 booklet for the Kraft oil method that has a lemon cake in it. It's not a cake mix, but for those who have food allergies and sensitivites to the additives in cake mixes, this might be better for you.

1955 Lemon Cake

2 1/2 cups sifted cake floue
            2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
            3/4 tsp. salt

2/3 cups Kraft oil (do they even have this anymore?)
            3/4 cups milk
            2 TBLS. lemon juice
            2 tsp. grated lemon rind
            3 eggs
            1 1/2 cups sugar

Sift together, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the oil, milk, lemon juice, and lemon rind; beat until it forms a very smooth batter.
            In a separate bowl beat the eggs until thick and foamy. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until very well blended. "Fold" this egg and sugar mixture thoroughly into the batter. Pour into 2 wax paper lined 9-in. layer pans. Bake in a moderate oven, 375, for 25 to 30 minutes.

Frost with:

Lemon "Philly" Frosting

1 8-oz. pkg. Cream cheese
            1 TBLS. lemon juice
            1 tsp. grated lemon rind
            4 cups sifter confectioner's sugar

Blend the cream cheese and lemon juice. Add the sugar gradually, mixing well. Add the lemon rind and blend again.

Comment

Really smelling tasty, hmm I too have never tried this Lemon Cake, till today but intended to prepare it this time as I have now a complete recipe. thank you guys.
              look at here wayfair coupon

Comment

Hmm, guys I am really disappointed as the things didn't happen well for me. I didn't get the Lemon cake prepared so much tasty..still thinking about the point where I made mistake.
                look at here wayfair coupon

Comment

Working...
                X