Vanilla Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanilla Cake

Have googled for this one and not sure that I know what I am asking for . These show up at local bake sales frequently and are called vanilla cakes. Anyone who can clue me in? Thanks in advance. Would prefer one that fits an 8" pan.

What does it look like? Does it look like a crumb cake, sponge cake, regular cake? Does it have a glaze or frosting or nothing?
    Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

To me, it looked like a plain layer cake, ... did not buy it when I saw it, but there were several at this bake sale and all called "vanilla cake". Vanilla is such a pleasant flavor, and because of the number of cakes there, I thought this cake might be one of those "comfort cakes" that I knew nothing about! They all were single layer cakes at the bake sale. Googling came up with big cakes. They were frosted with what looked like either a cream cheese frosting or plain white frosting.

Comment

I found this one. You bake it in layer pans. You could bake the layers and then freeze the other for later use. It was frosted with buttercream. You can go to that link and see the buttercream recipe. It is the cooked buttercream so that is why I didn't copy it. I use Wilton's buttercream recipe that you can find at the Wilton.com site.

http://www.vanilla.com/showcase/docs/vanilla-cake.html

White Vanilla Cake
        Courtesy of Chef in Residence, Stephany Buswell
        This is a good, basic vanilla cake.

Ingredients

3 cups sifted cake flour
        1 tablespoon baking powder
        6 tablespoons butter
        1-1/2 cups sugar
        1 cup milk
        2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
        6 egg whites

Instructions

Preheat oven to 325. Grease and line 2 9-inch cake pans with parchment.

Sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

With a mixer on slow speed, add flour mixture to the butter mixture,
        alternately with milk. Beat after each addition. Beat in vanilla.

Whip the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold them into the cake batter gently, making sure not to over mix. Pour into prepared pans.

Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Place cake pans on cooling rack and allow to cool completely before removing from pans.
        Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

Thank You! I'll give this a try. The amount of vanilla should bring a very nice flavor. Your search did better than mine. Next time, I'll ask!

Comment

Try this one. It is very good and moist. Pretty simple to make.

Vanilla Wafer Cake

2 ea Margarine sticks
            6 ea Eggs
            1/2 c Milk
            2 c Sugar
            1 ea 12 oz. vanilla wafers, crush
            1 c Pecans, chopped

In a large mixing bowl cream margarine and sugar. Blend in eggs. Add alternately vanilla wafers and milk. Fold in pecans. Bake in a greased and floured tube pan 1 hour and 15 minutes at 325 degrees F.

Note: We put the vanilla wafers in a food processor and make crumbs of them. They will be a little finer this way.

Comment

Working...
            X