Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOVE CHIPOLTE'S Spicy Beef (Barbacoa) Want and Need the recipe!!!!!!!!!! YEA, HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOVE CHIPOLTE'S Spicy Beef (Barbacoa) Want and Need the recipe!!!!!!!!!! YEA, HELP!!!

I just love their Barbacoa Bowl with all the trimmings you choose to put in your bowl. I wish I could make their spicy beef at home, CAN YOU IMAGINE, I can't, if you haven't try this you don't know what your missing. DOES anyone have this recipe?????? Diane H.

Re: LOVE CHIPOLTE'S Spicy Beef (Barbacoa) Want and Need the recipe!!!!!!!!!! YEA, HEL

1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
    4 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
    4 teaspoons cumin
    2 teaspoons oregano
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    3/4 cup chicken broth
    3 bay leaves
    3 tablespoons lime juice
    3 -4 chipotle chiles in adobo
    4 -5 lbs chuck roast

Directions:

To make the adobo sauce combine vinegar, limejuice, chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
    Remove most of the fat from the roast and then cut into large chunks (approximately 6).
    Pour oil into a frying pan and sear all sides of roast on medium-high heat until browned.
    Place meat into Crockpot and pour adobo sauce over meat.
    Pour in the chicken broth and add bay leaves.
    Cook on high heat 6 hours or on low all day.
    While still in the Crockpot, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to warm. Serve with hard or soft tortilla shells when ready.
    Typical sides include tortillas, rice, black or pinto beans, cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, and sour cream.

Comment

Working...
    X