Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla soup recipe please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla soup recipe please!!

This soup is wonderful! Would love the recipe. Thanks in advance.

bamamoma1

Re: Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla soup recipe please!!

Source: Less than perfect life of bliss blog, 2/21/13
    http://lessthanperfectlifeofbliss.blogspot.com/2013/02/tastes-like-chick-fil-as-chicken.html (pictures)

"Tastes Like Chick-Fil-a's" Chicken Tortilla Soup

3 Tbsp olive oil
    1 medium onion, diced
    4-oz can diced green chilies
    1 taco seasoning packet (use hot or mild depending on your preference)
    (4) 14 oz cans chicken broth
    (1) 15 oz can black beans
    (3) 15 oz cans navy beans
    (1) 15 oz can corn
    3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
    1 cup heavy cream

Heat the olive oil in a large pot, add the onions, and cook until translucent. Next, add the green chilies, the taco seasoning packet, all the canned items, and the chicken. Bring to a boil, then allow to simmer for several minutes until heated through. Lastly, add the cream and heat for 5-10 more minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and top with shredded cheese, if desired.

Here are a few notes:
    I've noticed Chick-fil-a varies a little on the spiciness of this soup. Sometimes I get it and it's much spicier than others, so use a hot or mild taco seasoning packet, depending on your preference. My little kids won't eat things that are too spicy, so I made ours with the mild seasoning.

Also, I noticed my soup was a little thinner than the original, so to thicken it a little, I ladled into a measuring cup about a cup of the broth from the soup pot. (This step is before the final step of adding the cream.)

Then, I just added a few tablespoons of flour and whisked well to thicken. You can use cornstarch to thicken instead if you prefer. After it's mixed well, return to the pot and stir.

This makes a fairly large amount, so if it's too much for your family, you can freeze half of it for a second meal.

So, for all you fellow Chick-fil-a soup lovers out there (and those of you not fortunate to live near a Chick-fil-a), enjoy! I hope you love it!

And if this recipe isn't close here are the ingredients so you can tweak:

Chicken Tortilla Soup - ingredients
    Source: Chik-fil-A

Water, navy beans, onions, black beans, corn, sour cream (cultured milk, cream, whey, modified corn starch, sodium phosphate, guar gum, carrageenan, carob bean gum), green chile peppers, cream, bell peppers, celery, modified food starch, spices, chicken fat, sea salt, yeast extract, natural chicken flavor (chicken fat, natural flavoring), masa corn flour (with a trace of lime), wheat flour, garlic, sugar, chili powder (chili pepper, salt, spices, garlic powder), lemon juice, caramel color, chicken (100% natural whole breast filet, water, seasoning [salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika], seasoning [wheat dextrin, spice and herb, modified rice starch, tapioca dextrin, salt, spice and coloring {contains paprika}, garlic powder, cottonseed oil, natural flavoring], seasoned coater [enriched bleached flour {bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid}, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, leavening {baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate}, spice, nonfat milk, soybean oil, whey, color {paprika, Yellow #6}], milk wash [water, egg, nonfat milk], peanut oil [fully refined peanut oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness and dimethylpolysiloxane an anti-foaming agent added]).

Live Laugh Love

Comment

Working...
    X