Dump Cake Dilemma!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump Cake Dilemma!!!

Hi all! I need some creative help! I recently made a popular dump cake recipe that was a huge hit with everyone! The basic recipe follows ..I made it as written and then .. I altered the basic recipe below and used apple pie filling instead of cherry with cinnamon apple sauce instead of pineapple sauce with a spice cake mix ... it was amazing! But now i want to make a chocolate cherry dump cake .. cherry pie filling with chocolate cake mix .. but would jello cheesecake pudding and pie filling be good to use as the "second filler"? and if so . do i let it set up before I bake it? or mix it right in? here is the basic recipe:
    Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Ingredients:

1 (20 ounces) can crushed pineapple, undrained
    1 (21 ounces) can prepared more fruit cherry pie filling
    1 (18.25 ounces) box yellow cake mix
    2 sticks (1 cup or 16 Tablespoons) of butter or margarine, each cut into 12 slices
    1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, etc., your choice)

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for glass baking dish). Have a 9 by 13-inch baking pan ready.
    Dump undrained pineapple baking dish or pan and spread it out evenly.
    Using a spoon, dump globs of cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple.
    Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers.
    Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix.
    Sprinkle nuts on top if you're using them.
    Bake for one hour.

Re: Dump Cake Dilemma!!!

Maybe this will help. I found it on the net

Black Forest Dump Cake

1 (19-ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
    2 cups coconut
    1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
    1 (3.5-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
    1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling 1/3 cup butter, melted

1.Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
    2.Spread pineapple in a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle the coconut over pineapple, next sprinkle dry pudding mix. Spoon cherry pie filling evenly over pudding mix, and then sprinkle dry cake mix over the pie filling. Drizzle melted butter evenly over all.
    3.Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool.

Makes 12 servings.

Comment

PLEASE be aware that if you use Cherry Pie Filling to squeeze each cherry. I have found pits in a cherry or two that got missed before canning. Someone could break a tooth. We have had close calls but thankfully no broken teeth. Most cans are cherry pit free but you will get an occasional one. This just happened within this last month in a dessert I made with cherry pie filling. Just a heads up.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vera;445887]PLEASE be aware that if you use Cherry Pie Filling to squeeze each cherry. I have found pits in a cherry or two that got missed before canning. Someone could break a tooth. We have had close calls but thankfully no broken teeth. Most cans are cherry pit free but you will get an occasional one. This just happened within this last month in a dessert I made with cherry pie filling. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

That has happened to me with both canned pitted cherries and frozen pitted cherries. I'm sure cherry pie filling has some in there sometimes too.
        Last edited by AllieK; 05-19-2013, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks! I will give it a try!

Comment

[QUOTE=dan_dnvr;445923]Thanks! I will give it a try![/QUOTE]

Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
            X