Cointreau Liqueur Cake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cointreau Liqueur Cake

Hi all-I'm trying to find a recipe for this German holiday cake. It's made with Cointreau liqueur and has pieces of orange rind in it. I think it has a basic sponge cake base, but cannot find even a link for a similar recipe. I do know it is very moist, has a small crumb, and is only available in the stores around the holidays. It's under the German brand of "Kuchenmeister". Any/all suggestions are welcome-I'm going broke trying to stock up for the year in the 6 or so weeks I can find it in the stores. Thanks to all for all the great food finds I discover here-what a treasure trove !

Re: Cointreau Liqueur Cake

does it have dried fruit and nuts in it?

Comment

Hi-Thanks for your reply. Nope-no fruits in it other than bits of candied orange peel. If it helps-the ingredient list on the box states " cake with 3% Cointreau (40% volume)and 7% candied orange peels". Does have rice flour listed instead of the more common all purpose. I've tried to recreate using a pound cake recipe-and using the liqueur as substitute for one of the eggs; while it was a great cake, still wasn't what I'm trying to get. Also tried a sponge cake and soaked it after cooling a bit. (in all my attempts, I used candied orange peel-chopped fine) The Cointreau taste in the cake is very noticeable-so it's not merely like a tsp. or so of vanilla extract-or any other extract. I'm willing to try anything anyone can come up with at this point.. terrible sentence construction, that
      The same German company-KuchenMeister-makes a couple other liqueur-flavored cakes; all are the 400 gram size-they have rum and Kirche- that I've seen. Hope springs eternal that one day I'll find a comparable recipe. I figured if anyone could help, it would be the folks here at Copycats. Thanks again.

Comment

I found these recipes online. Although they might not be the one you are looking for they looks amazing. You could add the orange peel to the recipe because it doesn't call for it

http://www.food.com/recipe/cointreau-melt-in-your-mouth-cake-41371

http://www.food.com/recipe/orange-cointreau-cake-62122

Let us know if you find it - it sounds delicious

Comment

Thanks ! Think I'll try the 1st one-it DOES sound good. will let you know how it turns out-happy Turkey Day !

Comment

Working...
          X