canning and preserving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canning and preserving

has anyone made some unusual jams or pickles? I'm tired of making the same old single fruit jams or common ones on different sites. What's new????????????

Hello Genia,
    I wil try & post some recipes over in the Canning & Preserving thread for you within the next couple of weeks.I have had alot on my mind lately so please do remind me if I forget ok?

Comment

thanks D's mom. The canning season will start before we're ready. LOL

Comment

D's Mom, where is the canning and preserving thread - is it part of one of the other threads? I can't find it.

Comment

Look under Seasonal Recipes and you will find some canning recipes. There is not a thread that is just for canning or preserving. Would be a good idea now that I think about it.
          Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
          He drew a circle that shut me out.
          But love and I had the wit to win,
          We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I made some hot and spicy pickles once. I added the dill and the garlic. Then I added crab boil mix (the dry herbs). They were the best pickles I ever made. I had people drinking the pickle juice.

Comment

that sounds great Stephanie. Could you post the recipe? I think a canning and preserving thread would be a great idea. It's hard to find the posts in the other threads and now, with the high prices of produce, I'm sure more people would like to try it, to take advantage of foods that might be cheaper in season.

Comment

I'm sorry Genia i'm just not able to post the recipes at this time but I will try to eventually get those posted.Please forgive me?

Comment

don't worry about it, canning season hasn't started anyway.

Comment

Hello Genia,I have posted some canning recipes over in the seasonal recipes board.:0 & I will continue to do so every now & then as I can.I hope that you like them.

Comment

thanks, I'll go and have a look.

Comment

Working...
                      X