• Show
Clear All

• ha, i got it first, oprahs turkey burger

Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger
    Recipe courtesy of Jeff O'Neill
    From the show Oprah's Top Picks for Summer
    Serves 6

Printer-Friendly Version
    Talk on the Recipes & Food message boards!

Oprah found a new favorite food when she tried this turkey burger at Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump's private club in Palm Beach. "I believe [it] may be the best turkey burger in the entire world," she says. The Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger will be permanently available at the Trump Bar and Grille in Trump Tower in New York City, open to the public for lunch and dinner. It will also be served during lunch in Chicago at Sixteen, the Trump International Hotel restaurant.

INGREDIENTS
    1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
    3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
    1/8 cup canola oil
    4 pounds ground turkey breast
    2 Tbsp. salt
    1 Tbsp. black pepper
    2 tsp. chipotle Tabasco™
    1 lemon, juice and grated zest
    1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
    1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney, pureed

Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.

Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Serve with a side of Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney and your favorite toasted bread, pita or hamburger roll.

I saw this. How are we supposed to get Mar-A-Largo chutney. I'd like to try it. Never bought a scallion in my life. Are they expensive? Don't remember ever seeing the other chutney, either.

Comment

Scallions aren't too pricey. I use them in lots of things, salad, stir frys, sauces. Chutney is usually in the condiment aisle or at gourmet stores. I googled Mar-A-Largo chutney and only found this recipe it might be easier to make your own.

Comment

chutney

Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney
        Recipe courtesy of Jeff O'Neill
        From the show Oprah's Top Picks for Summer
        Serves 6

Printer-Friendly Version
        Talk on the Recipes & Food message boards!

This pear chutney topping is the key to giving the Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger that extra zing.

INGREDIENTS
        1 Anjou pear, peeled and diced
        1/2 tsp. cinnamon
        1 tsp. sea salt
        1 1/2 cups Major Grey's Chutney
        1/4 cup dried currants or raisins

Preheat oven to 350°.

Toss the diced pears with the cinnamon and salt. Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes.

Cool and mix with the chutney and currants or raisins.

Comment

Mar-A-Lago Turkey Burgers Chutney

Hello There; The recipe calls for Major Grey's Chutney not (Mar-A-Lago chutney). They specifically called for the pear variety but I am using mango. Major Grey's Chutneys are available at most large grocery stores. A scallion is a fancy green onion...I just use red onions if I don't have scallions on hand. good Luck!

Comment

WOW!!! What a treat this was...I made some minor modifications but this turkey burger was a treat to all taste buds. It tasted like nothing I have had, and I can understand why it made Oprah's summer fav. (the chuney, apples and pears gave it a summery fruit dimension.)

Here are the modifications I made.

scallions= green onion tops

chipote tabasco= 'gringo tabasco

Major Grey's chutney- I used the real thing in the burger, but since it is so expensive I used Rolands Indian Major Grey's Mango Chutney (found in smart and final for $2.99/32 oz jar) to make the Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney. I just pureed it in a blender to make it smother before mixing it with the pears.

Comment

Re: ha, i got it first, oprahs turkey burger

OHHH!! TY TY TY!!! I wanted this recipe! Yahoo!
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
              X