Dorito Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorito Dip

This looks interesting. When it just says "enchilada sauce" would you use the red or green? Is it one of those you always use red unless it specifies green?

Dorito Dip

Date: 06/08/2008 08:30:44
    Posted by: KitchenWitchCooks

Dorito Dip

1 bag (13 ounces) Doritos chips
    1 can (16 ounces) chilli (with or without beans)
    1 can (14 ounces) tomato sauce
    1 medium grated onion
    1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
    Chips for dipping
    1-1/2 cups sour cream
    1-1/2 cups shredded cheese

Crush chips. Reserve 1 cup. Mix chips, chilli, tomato sauce, onion and enchilada sauce. Mix well. Place in greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, spread sour cream on top. Sprinkle remaining chips and cheese on top. Bake 5 minutes more. Serve with chips to dip.

Re: Dorito Dip

this looks great, are you gonna try it? let me know, lol

Comment

Enchilda sauce is usually red. Comes in a can, made by Old El Paso.

Comment

do you need to keep this warm? or is it good at room temp? I would like to take this to the annual 4th of july party but have no way to keep it warm.

Comment

I would think it'd be better warm.
          try getting a brick, wrap it in several layers of foil, heat in oven, then wrap it in several layers of newspaper, and put it in a cooler with the dip, cover and it should stay warm for awhile.

Wrap the dip dish in foil/newspaper and it'll stay warmer longer also. That's what one of the local catering places do when they bring us food.
          Last edited by nuisance; 06-18-2008, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I would say red sauce, which I will use when I make this.. However, what flavor of chips do you use Nu?

Comment

I Haven't Made It Yet, I Don't Know If I'd Use Plain Or Nacho, Or One Of The Other Spicy Ones.

Comment

[QUOTE=nuisance;253019]I Haven't Made It Yet, I Don't Know If I'd Use Plain Or Nacho, Or One Of The Other Spicy Ones.[/QUOTE]

I should have figured that out since this recipe is under recipes to try.. LOL !

Comment

Working...
                X