Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Lava Muffins by moo

Posted by moo - October 27, 2004 12:21 PM

I watched Good Eats last night. I just love watching him, all that food science and he is just so quirky! Plus, most of his recipes are good. Anyway, when I get back on both feet, I am going to try this. But, thought I'd post here for all you brave cooks. C'mon, Celeste, try a different one! Anyway, I think they sound divine! They sure did look good.

Chocolate Lava Muffins

8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
    1 stick butter (1/4#)
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 cup sugar
    3 Tbs. flour (yes, that is right!)
    1/4 tsp salt
    4 eggs

butter, to coat muffin tin
    1 Tbs. cocoa powder
    1 cup vanilla ice cream
    1 tsp. espresso powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F>

Place a small metal bowl over a saucepan with simmering, not boiling, water. Melt the chocolate and butter in the bowl. Stir in vanilla.

In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, and salt. Sift these into the chocolate and mix well with electric hand mixer. Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next. Beat at high speed until the batter is creamy and lightens in color, approximately 4 minutes. Chill mixture.

coat the top and each cup of the muffin tin with butter. Dust with the cocoa powder and shake out excess. Spoon mixture into pan using a 4-ounce scoop or ladle. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Outsides should be cake-like and centers should be gooey.

While muffins are in the oven, melt the ice cream in a small saucepan. Stir in the espresso powder. Serve over the warm muffins.
    "There's no place like home..."
Working...
X