Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy

I found this on another board, posted by Jennifer F.

Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy

1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
    1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
    4 bone-in pork loin chops ( about 1/2 inch thick)
    2 T. vegetable oil
    1 medium onion ,sliced
    2 garlic cloves minced
    2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    Pinch sugar
    3 cups water
    2 T. beef bouillon granules
    2 bay leafs
    1 can (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
    1/2 cup cold water

In a shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup bread crumbs;coat the pork chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chops on both sides in oil. Remove to a plate. In the same pan add onions and garlic and saute for 1minute. Add the water, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, bouillon, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Put the pork chops back in the skillet. Reduce heat ;cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until pork is tender.
    Remove bay leaves. Remove chops to a serving platter and keep warm. Add mushrooms to the skillet. Combine cold water and the remaining 1/4 cup of flour until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil ,stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.Serve over pork chops. 4 servings.

Re: Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy

This sounds very savory and tender. Thanks for the recipe. Will give it at try soon!
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Re: Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy

Sounds good. I made a pork chop recipe this week that I found on allrecipes.com. It had really high rating. Didn't care for it at all!!! Was really disappointed. I ended up shredding them up and baking bbq pork.
      The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Working...
      X