• Show
Clear All

• Bacon Candy

Bacon Candy

1 lb. Bacon (not thick)
    1/4 cup Brown Sugar

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Slice bacon into 1/2" strips and dredge in brown sugar until thoroughly coated.

Crumple aluminum foil to allow for grease drainage and place it on a baking sheet. Lay out the bacon on this making sure not to overlap pieces.

Bake until crispy. Allow to cool and harden before serving.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Re: Bacon Candy

Not sure how I feel about bacon candy????? LOL
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

I have had this under a differnet name. Man it is ever GOOD! LOL

Comment

I would serve this as an appetizer
        "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

My in-laws had a tower at their 50th wedding anniversary made out of these. It was the first thing to go.

Comment

Hmm? And it doesn't burn?
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

[QUOTE=TexAnn;267092]Hmm? And it doesn't burn?[/QUOTE]

No, it caramelizes. Youll never look at regular bacon the same way! LOL

Comment

Will definitely try it then...what would you serve this with RoRo?
                Oh..I see you said you would serve it as an appetizer... very interesting....
                Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Its a finger food, for apps great for parties along with all your favorite munchies.

Comment

This recipe came from a 2001 Rosie magazine............the recipe did not call for cayenne pepper but I added it to mine for an added kick. I also find that the better quality of bacon (like center cut), the better these will turn out. Make sure the bacon is not cut thick or it won't crisp up. If you don't have skewers to twist the bacon on, just twist without them. I most always double this recipe if the kids are here.

Brown Sugar Bacon Twists

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
                    1 TBS dry mustard
                    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
                    1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
                    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper - this is optional as I added it to the original recipe
                    1/2 lb good quality sliced bacon

Preheat oven to 350F. Line bottom of a broiler pan with foil and top with broiler pan rack.

On waxed paper, place brown sugar, mustard, cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne on waxed paper and rub together with your fingers until mixture is evenly blended.

Press bacon strips into sugar mixture, coating evenly. Twist each bacon strip several times around a wooden skewer. Arrange slices in a single layer on rack of broiler pan but do not overcrowd or they will not crisp properly. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bacon is almost crisp and sugar is bubbly. Let strips cool for 5 minutes before serving. These may be served warm or at room temperature.

Makes about 12 pieces.

Comment

I need to try these - my husband lovessss bacon!! LOL

Comment

man i made these a few months ago.. they were in gourmet / or bon appettit.. they were soooooo good.. we used Applewood smoked bacon.. they were soooooo yummy.. if you can not find applewod smoked bacon use a thick cut bacon..

Comment

Working...
                        X