Sweet Dill Pickles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Dill Pickles

Found this on the Reiman Board--seems like I saw a discussion about these on this board.

SWEET DILL PICKLES posted by Permafrost_TN

1 quart whole dill pickles, sliced
    1 cup white sugar

Back in the late '40s my mom used to drain the brine off a quart jar of whole dills. She would then slice them (in little round slices, not lengthwise) and pour 1 Cup of white sugar over them. She returned them to the jar and shook the jar every so often during the day. (You know, upside down, side to side) and after a few days,(repeating the shaking,) when the sugar had all dissolved, she'd refrigerate them and they were ready to eat. I have done this from time to time over the years. You adjust the sugar to your own likeness, but as I recall, it was a cup per quart. You might experiment with a small jar and adjust the sugar proportionatly. They're sooooo good.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Sweet Dill Pickles

This brought something to my mind that people were doing around here a couple of years ago...
    They would take a gallon jar of sliced jalapenos, drain them, then add a 4 lb sack of sugar, and do the same thing as you did with the pickles. After they were finished they said they were good over cream cheese or just plain.
    I never did get around to doing it. But now that you have reminded me, I am going to do it...Thanks Nommie!!!
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

[QUOTE=TexAnn;271711]This brought something to my mind that people were doing around here a couple of years ago...
      They would take a gallon jar of sliced jalapenos, drain them, then add a 4 lb sack of sugar, and do the same thing as you did with the pickles. After they were finished they said they were good over cream cheese or just plain.
      I never did get around to doing it. But now that you have reminded me, I am going to do it...Thanks Nommie!!![/QUOTE]

Let us know how your peppers turn out.
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Will do My Friend..Will do!

Comment

I Did This One Year, Used A Gallon Of Pickles And A 4# Bag Of Sugar And A 5oz Btl Of Tobasco. Everyone Liked Them. It Was Just Too Many Though. This Would Be A Better One, Smaller Amounts. I'm Not A Sweet Pickle Fan.

Comment

I have to have a sweet pickle with grilled cheese!
            Nommie

Comment

Now I know how come your so sweet....

Comment

[QUOTE=TexAnn;271842]Now I know how come your so sweet....[/QUOTE]

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.....How nice you are!
                Nommie

Comment

Working...
                X