• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chili Corn Bread Salad

Great pic at this site:
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Chili-Corn-Bread-Salad

Chili Corn Bread Salad
    From Reiman:

A co-worker brought this wonderful dish to a potluck several years ago. She had copies of the recipe next to the pan. Now I make it for get-togethers and also supply copies of the recipe. I never have any leftover salad or recipes. -Kelly Newsom, Jenks, Oklahoma
    SERVINGS: 12
    CATEGORY: Salads
    METHOD: Baked
    TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
    Ingredients:
    1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
    1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
    1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
    Pinch rubbed sage
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
    1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
    2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
    2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
    3 medium tomatoes, chopped
    1 cup chopped green pepper
    1 cup chopped green onions
    10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
    2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
    Directions:
    Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Stir in chilies, cumin, oregano and sage. Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
    In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside. Crumble half of the corn bread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Layer with half of the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers (dish will be very full). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.

Comments
    Re: Chili Corn Bread Salad
    This is my favorite dish to take to a potluck. My family requests it every time. It's beautiful and sooo tasty!
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Chili Corn Bread Salad

That Sounds Good. May Have To Make That For The Next Family Get Together, Dh Won't Eat Cornbread Anymore For Some Reason!

Comment

Working...
    X