Clear All

• Nutri Grain Bars

Nutri Grain Bars

1 package yellow cake mix

3/4 cup margarine ,low heat melted

2 1/2 cps.quick oats

12 ounces any flavor jam or preserves

1 tbsp. water

preheat oven to 375. combine cake mix and oats in large mixing bowl.add melted margarine until crumbly.press half about 3 cps mixture into bottom of 13 by 9 by2 inch baking pan which has been sprayed with pan.press in firmly until bottom is covered and smooth .next combine jam and or preserves in bowl with water.spread over top of mixture making sure to completely cover evenly.cover with remaining crumb mixture.patting to make top firm.bake at 375 for 20 minutes.top of crust should be lightly golden brown.let completely cool before cutting into bars.store in air tight container.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Nutri Grain Bars

Dh Loves These Things, They Get Expensive Putting 3 Or 4 In His Lunch Every Day. May Make Him A Batch See How He Likes Them.

Comment

Let us know how they turn out.
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

He Wants Me To Make Sweet Things Sugar Free.... Wonder If You Can Add All The Dry Ingredients, Use The Powdered Vanilla For A Scratch Yellow Cake, Then Add The Ingredients In The Recipe, And It Will Turn Out?

I've Never Made A Mix Sugar Free Cake. But Have Made Them By Scratch And Just Substitute Splenda.

Comment

[QUOTE=nuisance;273744]He Wants Me To Make Sweet Things Sugar Free.... Wonder If You Can Add All The Dry Ingredients, Use The Powdered Vanilla For A Scratch Yellow Cake, Then Add The Ingredients In The Recipe, And It Will Turn Out?

I've Never Made A Mix Sugar Free Cake. But Have Made Them By Scratch And Just Substitute Splenda.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why this wouldn't work. The cake mix is to hold it together.
          Nommie

Comment

Working...
          X