FILLING:
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup shortening
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    2 cups confectioners' sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
    Directions:
    In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well mixed.
    Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
    For filling, combine cornstarch and milk in a small saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
    In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in vanilla if desired. Gradually add the cornstarch mixture, beating until light and fluffy.
    Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle 1 in. deep in the top of each cupcake. Carefully remove tops and set aside. Spoon or pipe filling into cupcakes. Replace tops. Yield: about 1-3/4 dozen.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Cream-Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes

I am officially drooling at this (we need a drooling emoticon, please)

Comment

I have a pumpkin coconut bread that everyone flips over. I am going to use that recipe to do the creme filled cupcakes.........yummmmmmmmmmmmm!
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Or..... better yet..... Instead of a cream filling...... put one of the new Pumpkin Spice Kisses in the middle!!!!

Comment

Do you use cream cheese frosting on top, or chocolate? I bet either would be good.
          www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

This sounds really yummy! The pumpkin coconut bread sounds good too! Is the recipe posted here somewhere?

Comment

I couldn't find it. I do not like nutmeg so I did not use it. Also, about 5-10 minutes before it is done, I sprinkle with coconut.

Pumpkin Coconut Bread
              Source: Southern U.S. Cuisine

2 eggs, beaten
              1 cup granulated sugar
              3/4 cup vegetable oil
              1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
              1 teaspoon baking powder
              1 teaspoon baking soda
              1/2 teaspoon salt
              1 package (3 1/2oz) instant coconut cream pudding mix
              1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
              1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
              1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
              1 cup pumpkin, canned or fresh cooked and mashed
              1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Combine eggs, sugar, and oil in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer hand-held until well blended.
              In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, pudding mix, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon; add to sugar mixture alternately with the mashed pumpkin, beginning and ending with flour mixture.

Mix well after each addition. Stir in pecans or walnuts.

Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove loaf to wire rack to cool completely.
              Nommie

Comment

Working...
              X