Deviled Tomatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deviled Tomatoes

I COPIED AND PASTED THIS FROM SLASHFOODS.COM. LOOKS GOOD TO ME!!!

Today I bring you Deviled Tomatoes: a fresher and more modern take on the classic, Deviled Eggs. More colorful and lighter, these mouthwatering bites are a perfect way to start a brunch or cocktail party. Feel free to substitute the plum tomatoes for small heirloom tomatoes for an eye-catching, vivid display.

Read on for the recipe from the cookbook: Tomatoes & Mozzarella by Hallie Harron and Shelley Sikora.

Deviled Tomatoes

4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
    3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    2 tablespoons sour cream (low-fat okay)
    1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, minced
    2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon cider vinegar

Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

3 to 5 drops hot sauce of your choice

3/4 pound small ripe plum tomatoes (about 15 tomatoes), cut in half lengthwise

15 bocconcini mozzarella balls, cut in half

1. Separate the whites from the yolks of the eggs and finely mince both separately. Place half of the whites and all of the yolks in a large bowl. Stir in the shredded mozzarella, sour cream, parsley, mustard, and vinegar. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce.

2. Using a spoon, gently scoop out the seeds from each tomato half. Place a heaping teaspoon of the egg mixture in each tomato half. Top the tomatoes with the remaining egg whites and garnish each one with a bocconcini half. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days before serving. This is best eaten at room temperature.

Makes about 30 tomatoes

Re: Deviled Tomatoes

Oh, this does sound good! Thanks for posting this you devil you!!
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Re: Deviled Tomatoes

[QUOTE=nommie;275501]Oh, this does sound good! Thanks for posting this you devil you!![/QUOTE]

!!! They looked yummy to me, figured they would look yummy some one else. Still like the look of the one from the pioneer woman better. One day, I'll find a good deal on some roma, or other tomatos and make some of each!!!

Comment

Working...
      X