COCONUT GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES

1 (18.25 oz.) pkg. Duncan Hines coconut cake mix
    1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
    1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
    1 egg
    1 tsp. coconut extract
    3/4-1 c. sweetened flaked coconut
    Confectioners' sugar

Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in egg and cocnut extract until well mixed. Add cake mix; beat until well combined. Stir in coconut. If dough is too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate 1-2 hours until easy to handle. Roll dough into 1-1 1/4" balls; roll balls in confectioners' sugar to coat well. Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake @ 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes. DO NOT overbake. Take cookies out of the oven when they look underdone. Let stand on cookie sheets 1-2 minutes; remove to wire racks and cool completely. Store airtight. Makes about 3 dozen.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Coconut Gooey Butter Cookies

MMMmm, these sound great! Thanks!

Comment

Sounds great. Nommie, you posted this under "recipes to try" so does this mean you've not made them yet? Let us know when/if you do! Hubby is a definite coconut fan.
      Mary Ann in Wisconsin
      "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

Olm, I'm getting the cake mix tomorrow, and hope to make these in a few days. Will post a review. We love coconut!

Comment

I haven't made them yet--please post a review. BTW, I haven't seen coconut cake mix. Anyone have any idea who makes it?
          Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Got mine today, Nommie, it's Duncan Hines.

Comment

Working...
            X