Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalapeno Puffs

Jalapeno Puffs

"If you like jalapeno poppers from Jack in a box, you will love these fried wontons stuffed with cheese and jalapeno!"

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
    2 cloves garlic, pressed
    3 green onions, diced
    1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
    1 quart vegetable oil for frying

PREP TIME 20 Min
    COOK TIME 5 Min
    READY IN 25 Min

DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeno peppers, garlic and green onions.

2. Fill wonton wrappers with approximately 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture each. Fold wrappers into triangles and press the edges with a moistened fork to seal.

3.In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Drop 4 wontons at a time into the oil and quickly fry, turning once. Remove when golden brown and drain on paper towels.
    Tags: appetizers
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Jalapeno Puffs

These look yummy. I have an Asian market near me where I can get fresh wonton wrappers. I may have to try this out

Thanks

Comment

Yummmmmy!
      I have wonton wrappers in the fridge. Need to pick up some Monterey Jack so I can make these babies!
      Thanks for sharing the recipe!
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Do these come out really crunchy/crispy? or soft-ish/crispy?
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I would bet mostly crispy. For Chrismas Eve with the family, we're just going to do appitizers instead of a meal, I thought I'd make up several batches of these. I'll let you know!

The middle is what I put in my jalapeno poppers that I wrap in bacon, I may make a couple with crumbled cooked bacon and see how I like them, and if I like them enough add bacon to the rest.
          "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
          X