• Creme Brulee

I LOVE this stuff ...

Creme Brulee

2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
    1/2 cup milk
    1 cup sugar, divided
    6 egg yolks
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. In a large saucepan, combine the heavy cream, milk, 1/2 cup sugar, the egg yolks, and vanilla over medium heat and cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently; be careful not to boil.

2. Remove from the heat and beat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until smooth and thick. Pour equally into six 1-cup custard cups. Chill for 4 to 6 hours, or until the custard is very firm.

3. In a medium skillet, melt the remaining 1/2 cup sugar over medium heat until golden, then pour over the chilled custards; allow to chill for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the sugar hardens. Serve.

SERVING TIP: These can be topped with the melted sugar and chilled for up to 2 hours before serving.

wishingstar, I have always wanted to try this, have never had it. Sounds delicious! Thanks for posting all these recipes everybody!

Comment

I've never made this at home and even have the set to do it (even came with the little torch). Maybe next weekend I'll give it a shot.

Comment

You can use a regular sized blow torch as well. I think its cheaper to refill those.

Comment

I don't have a regular sized torch, just the mini. Probably safer for all around (me). LOL

Comment

I think dh has a welding torch....hahaha.

Comment

OK - I want to see pics luv2bake! LOL

Comment

Welding mask, torch in hand, and chili peppers!

Comment

Now Sis, you wanna singe your hair off!!?? Pop in under the broiler, that would be a lot safer for ya!!!!!!!!!
                  Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                  He drew a circle that shut me out.
                  But love and I had the wit to win,
                  We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

You are too funny!

Comment

Yep, that's one way to get my new kitchen....burn it to the ground!

Comment

Working...
                      X