1 teaspoon oregano
    3 tablespoons oil
    1/4 teaspoon marjoram
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon basil
    1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
    1 teaspoon brown sugar
    1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, grated

In a saucepan combine tomato paste, chopped garlic clove, water, oregano, oil, marjoram, pepper, basil, dried onion flakes, brown sugar, and grated Parmesan cheese. Cook for 30-40 minutes.

Easy Pizza Sauce

15 ounces stewed tomatoes
    28 ounces tomato sauce
    3/4 cup oil
    2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon dried parsley
    1 tablespoon oregano
    1 teaspoon garlic salt
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

In a food processor or blender, process stewed tomatoes until smooth.

Pour into a bowl and combine with tomato sauce, oil, grated Parmesan cheese, sugar, dried parsley, oregano, garlic salt, salt, and pepper; mix well.

Comment

Basic Pizza Sauce

6 ounces tomato paste
      1/4 teaspoon oregano
      3 cups water
      1/4 teaspoon basil
      3 tablespoons oil
      1/2 teaspoon parsley
      1 garlic clove, chopped
      1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, grated
      1/4 cup onion, chopped
      1 teaspoon pepper
      1/2 teaspoon brown sugar

In a saucepan combine tomato paste, oregano, water, basil, oil, parsley, chopped garlic clove, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped onion, pepper, and brown sugar. Cook for 30-40 minutes.

Comment

I usually buy my own sauce but these are nice alternatives Bean!!

Comment

Copy/pasted.. and thanks, Bean!

The only commercial brand I like is Don Pepino's, but I only get it when I go up north to Maryland for Crabfeast, as it is unavailable in FL.. probably all the more reason I like it so much, lol..

Bean, after spending countless hours reading the tips on that pizzamaking.com website, and making who knows, dozens of pizzas, I think I can pretty much make a decent pizza that's better than pizzerias.. I don't know about your side of the state, but around here, there's not too many mom/pop joints so I had to do something.. getting a pizza stone was almost as much a blessing as my first-born, lol..

Comment

kiop, I agree 100% with what you said.......I cannot stand chain restaurant pizzas and think I have the pizza making pretty much mastered around here. I own 2 Pampered Chef stones and think the are the BEST!!

Now I need to experiement more with homemade sauces.

Comment

Steve, I agree 100% on the pizza making! I LOVE homemade pizza and know you do too! We ordered our Italian Pizza Oven (from Italy) and should have it in a few weeks. They pour the foundation on Monday and we'll get started on building the outside face as soon as it gets here. You'll have to come over to this coast and have pizza (and beer) with us once its finished!

Comment

BTW - check out the Pizza Pizza thread I started in T&T. I put my own pizza sauce recipe in there along with many T&T pizza dough's.

Comment

Heading over to Pizza Pizza ~ We need to keep that topic bumped occasionally!!

Comment

[QUOTE=fatkat]Heading over to Pizza Pizza ~ We need to keep that topic bumped occasionally!![/QUOTE]

Bump it up - you & Steve (kiop) should post your T&T's on that thread too. Please!

Comment

I thought there was another pizza thread I posted in.. I was starting to think I was dreaming..

Thanks again for the sauce recipes, I'm like fatcat, in that that's about all I need to master now..

You're getting a pizza oven installed!! Cool!!

Comment

They give those thangs away down in Florida. Everybody has one........ lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Damar12]They give those thangs away down in Florida. Everybody has one........ lol[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Everyone has what?
                          Last edited by Bean; 06-24-2006, 10:29 AM.

Comment

An Italian pizza oven ......... hmmmmmmmm

Comment

Silly man! They don't give them away, this baby is coming from Italy. I won't say how much, but itís a pretty penny.

I don't know one person who has one here.

Comment

Working...
                              X