Peanut Brittle Bars (4 ingredients)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut Brittle Bars (4 ingredients)

These cookies from a Maida Heatter book are very good and reminiscent of peanut brittle candy IMHO.

Brittle Peanut Bars - Preheat oven to 375 and place rack in center position.
    Jelly roll pan, unbuttered.

2 sticks of room temp butter
    1 c sugar
    2 c flour
    4 oz (1 cup) salted peanuts chopped medium fine

Cream butter and then beat in sugar. On low gradually add flour and beating only until the dough just holds together. Mix in 1/2 cup of the nuts. Turn out onto the pan and with floured fingers press the dough into a thin layer. Sprinkle with reserved nuts.

Place a sheet of waxed paper over the dough and with a small rolling pin or straight sided glass, roll over the paper to press in the nuts and smooth dough at the same time.

Bake 20-25 minutes until golden reversing pan once while baking. This puffs a bit while baking and then sinks. The edges will be a bit higher and the surface with look wrinkled. Cool only about 5 minutes and then cut into bars. If you wait too long, it will be too hard and brittle to cut.

Remove from sheet with spatula and finish cooling on racks.

Re: Peanut Brittle Bars (4 ingredients)

That sounds wonderful, love peanut brittle. Are these hard cookies, mew?

Comment

They are crunchy/hard, but also have a wee bit of a chewy element to them as well.

For a while I was making these throughout the year rather than just for the holidays, and a few years ago I found a rolling pin that has handles that stand "up". The roller fits my jelly roll pan to a T which makes the rolling a breeze especially since my drinking glasses always seem to have 'shapes' rather than being straight sided.

Comment

Thank you, printing to try.

Comment

Working...
        X