X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Watcher Recipes

Kayce

Posted February 20, 2004 11:30 AM
    I thoguht it would be better to have a thread for these.
    Tuna Noddle Casserole

1 can reduced-fat cream of celery soup
    ½ cup fat-free milk
    2 cups cooked, yolk free wide noodles
    1 cup frozen peas; thawed
    1-6oz. can water packed tuna;drained and flaked
    1-2oz.jar diced pimentos;drained
    2 TBS dry bread crumbs
    1 TBS butter;melted

In a lg. bowl, combine soup,milk, until smooth;Add the noodles,peas,tuna,pimentos and mix well.Pour into a 1½ qt. baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.Bake uncovered #400º for 25 mins. Toss bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle over the top.bake 5 mins more or till golden.

Serves 4
    serving size-1 cup
    points 5

diabetic exchange=2 starch.2 lean meat

Breakfast pie

1 cup egg beaters + 2 egg whites
    1/3 cup skim milk
    1/3 cup f.f.+ 1cup low fat Sargento Colby Jack cheese
    3 TBS chopped green pepper
    3 TBS chopped green onions
    8 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
    2 cups frozen shredded hash browns
    salt & pepper to taste
    I can't beleive it's not butter spray

Combine egg beaters,egg whites and milk.Stir in cheese, onion,pepper and bacon. Pour into Pam coated 9 inch pie plate. toss potatoes with salt and pepper. Put on top of egg mixture. spray with butter spray.sprinkle with paprika if desired.Bake @ 325º for 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Serves 6
    4 points per serving

Peach Pie

1 reduced fat graham cracker pie crust
    1 pkg fat free, sugar free peach jello
    1/4 cup boiling water
    2-6oz containers of Yoplait light peach yogurt
    1-8oz carton f.f.coolwhip

in lg heat resistant bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in yogurt with wire whisk. add cool whip. spread in pie crust and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Pumpkin Muffins

heavenleighmom

Posted February 26, 2004 08:15 PM
    Pumpkin Muffins

I cake mix of any kind (i have used spice, white, coconut and choclate)

1 small can pumpkin
    1/2c. water or so

Mix together. Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with Pam. Bake at 350 degrees until just barely brown. Dont cook too long or they will be rubbery (and burnt!) i like mine a bit gooey.
    Makes 22=24 Muffins
    1 point per muffin
    I eat these every morning with my coffee.
    Delish with spray butter

Comment

Ann

Posted February 27, 2004 02:55 PM
      These are great especially if you need to eat fiber to keep the cholesterol down as I do.

Cinnamon Bran Muffins

2 c. Kellogg's Extra Fiber All Bran
      1 1/2 c. fat free milk
      1 1/4 c. flour
      1/4 c. sugar
      4 tsp. baking powder
      1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
      1/3 c. apple butter
      1/4 c. egg substitute or 2 egg whites
      1/4 c. raisens or 1/3 c. dried cranberries
      1/4 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Combine cereal and milk and soak for 15 minutes.

Combine flour, sugar, b. powder, cinnamon, and raisens. Mix

Combine egg and apple butter mixture. Mix

Add egg and apple butter mixture to the cereal. Add to flour mixture and fold until well blended.

Coat 12 med. size cup cake tins with cooking spray. Fill with batter

Bake at 350 degrees for 17 min. or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 min.

Calories with out nuts: Per muffin, 78 Cal, 0.3 fat, 4.3 fiber

Calories with nuts: Per muffin, 95 cal, 1.90 fat, 4.6 fiber

I wrap the baked muffins in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. I warm two muffins on a plate in microwave for 1 min. on medium power (1/2 power)

Comment

Mommabear3cubs

Posted March 01, 2004 09:37 PM
        I went looking through all the recipes I have found....here are a few, some of them may have come from the old board, I don't remember. These are not T&T recipes, but I thought I'd share what I have! Roll Eyes Big Grin

Blueberry squares
        1 package angel food cake mix, about 14 1/2 oz
        22 oz light fruit pie filling, blueberry

Preheat oven to 350°F.
        Combine angel food cake mix with blueberry filling. Pour batter into an ungreased, 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish; bake for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into 24 pieces. Serves 24 POINTS per serving: 2.

Cauliflower and roasted-red pepper chowder
        1 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
        1 small vidalia onion(s), chopped
        2 medium stalk celery, chopped
        29 oz vegetable broth
        1 1/2 cup water
        1 head cauliflower, finely chopped
        1 large uncooked potato(es), red, peeled and finely chopped
        1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
        16 oz sweet red pepper(s), roasted, water-packed, drained and chopped
        1 Tbsp dried basil

Melt margarine in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Add cauliflower and potato; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in milk and roasted peppers and heat about 2 minutes more.
        Place soup in a blender or food processor; puree until smooth. (Note: Depending upon the size of your blender, you may need to puree the soup in batches.)
        Return soup to Dutch oven; add basil and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Yields about 2 cups per serving. Serves5, POINTS per serving: 3

New england clam chowder

1 tsp vegetable oil
        2 slice Louis Rich Turkey Bacon, diced
        1 small onion(s), finely diced
        3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
        1 cup fat-free milk
        3 1/2 cup canned clam juice
        2 medium uncooked potato(es), peeled and diced
        10 1/2 oz canned clams, and juice
        1 tsp thyme, chopped
        2 tsp parsley, chopped
        1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
        1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste

Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Sauté bacon and onion until onion is very soft. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Very gradually whisk in milk and clam juice. Bring to a simmer, add potatoes. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender.
        Stir in clams, their juice, thyme and parsley. Bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper; serve. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per person. Serves 4. POINTS per serving: 5

Sour Cream Salsa Chicken

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
        1 package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
        1 cup salsa
        2 tablespoons cornstarch
        1/4 cup light sour cream

Spray the crockpot with cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with Taco Seasoning. Top with salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
        When ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pot. Place about 2 T cornstarch in a small amount of water. Stir well. Stir the cornstarch mixture into salsa sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup of sour cream. Serves 4 @ 3 POINTS per serving
        Serve on tortillas.

Comment

Ann

Posted March 02, 2004 06:40 PM
          Don't forget the Pineapple Angel Food Cake
          One 1 step Angel Food Cake mix
          1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple (DO NOT DRAIN)

That is all no other ingred. Mix and bake in a 9 x 13 pan as pkg directions. Serve with F/f Cool Whip

(I have a deeper Lasagne pan that works well for this) I also cool the cake up side down resting on a couple of cans. Make sure the cake is done and the crust is hard.

--------------

Another Crockpot Chicken that is easy

4 - 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot
          Add: 1 16 oz carton of lite sour cream
          1 can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
          1 pkg Liptons Onion Soup mix
          optional: small can of mushrooms

Cook for 6 - 8 hours on low. I shred the chicken and servce on rice. If you want to thicken the gravy, mix some cornstarch with water and turn crockpot to high and stir in mixture and stir to thicken.

The left overs freeze very well.

Comment

nommie

Posted March 09, 2004 04:23 AM
            These muffins are absolutely fantastic. So light and fluffy. AND 0 POINTS!

0 point muffins

1 box Betty Crocker Low-fat, sweet rewards blueberry muffin mix
            1/4 cup ff eggbeaters
            1 1/4 cups skim milk
            3 Tblsp unsweetened applesauce
            preheat oven to 425 degrees, line muffin pan with paper baking cups and spray lightly with cooking spray.
            mix muffin mix,eggbeaters, milk, and applesauce. drain and rinse the provided can of blueberries and gently fold into mixture. Devide mixture evenly into baking cups and bake for 15-22 minutes.
            These are 0 points for 1 muffin and 1 point for 2 muffins!

Comment

Ritter_woman

Posted March 10, 2004 04:58 PM
              I got the new WW Point book from Oxmoor house today, and it is great 5 ingredients or less.

Deep Dish Pizza Casserolle

1lb ground round
              1 15 oz can italian chunky tomato sauce
              cooking spray
              1 10 oz can refrigerated pizza dough
              1 1/2 cups partskim shredded mozzerella

Preheat oven to 425

Cook beef in nonstick skillet till brown, and crumbles. Add tomato sauce. Cook till heated.

While meat cooks, spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough and press into pan, and up the sides of pan. Add meat mixture, bake 12 minutes. Top with cheese, bake 5 minutes more, or untill crust is golden brown. Let cool 5-7 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings. 7 points each serving.

Ice Cream Sandwiches

16 chocolate wafer cookies
              chocolate or vanilla fat free ice cream

Spread 3 tablespoons of ice cream on flat side of cookie. Cover with wafer cooke. Place on heavy duty freezer wrap, and cover. Continue with rest of cookies. Freeze.
              serving 1 each
              2 points each serving.

Comment

Mommabear3cubs

Posted March 12, 2004 08:10 AM
                I found a few more recipes I thought I should share. None of them are T&T!

WW Spicy BBQ Meatballs

1 ½ lbs. lean ground turkey
                ¾ c. uncooked quick oats
                2 egg whites
                1 onion; finely chopped
                1 garlic clove; chopped
                ¼ c. parsley; chopped
                1 t. dried oregano
                1 ½ t. beef bouillon granules
                ½ t. black pepper
                1 ¼ c. barbecue sauce

Combine all ingredients, except barbecue sauce, in a medium-size bowl; mix well. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Shape meatball mixture into sixty 1” balls; place on baking sheet. Bake at 350 until cooked through, about 25 minutes. Transfer meatballs to a crockpot to keep warm. Meanwhile, heat barbecue sauce over medium-high heat until hot. Pour sauce over cooked meatballs, toss gently and serve. Makes 30 (2 meatball) servings. WW per serving 1 point.

WW Tortilla Roll-ups

8 oz. sour cream
                8 oz. cream cheese
                4 oz. black olives; chopped
                4 oz. green chilies; chopped
                ½ c. green onion; chopped
                1 c. cheese; shredded
                garlic powder; to taste
                1 pkg. flour tortillas

Mix first 7 ingredients together. Spread on flour tortillas and roll up. Wrap each tortilla in foil and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour. Cut and serve. 1 tortilla is 8.5 points.

WW Cranberry Cookie Kisses

3 large egg whites; at room temperature
                ¼ t. cream of tartar
                ¾ c. sugar
                ¼ c. canned cranberry sauce; whole berry
                1/3 c. dried cranberries; about 80 cranberries

Coat 2 large sheet pans with cooking spray or cover with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form; gradually beat in sugar until mixture is very stiff and shiny. Stir in cranberry sauce; you can add a few drops of red food coloring at this point, if desired; beat for 1 minute. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto prepared sheet pans; press 1 dried cranberry into the top of each cookie. Bake at 200 for 2 hours. Cool completely before removing from pans. Store in airtight containers. Yields about 4 cookies per serving. Makes 20 (4 cookie) servings. WW per serving 1 point.

WW Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin

16 oz. Extra Lean Pork Tenderloin
                ½ c. soy sauce
                2 cloves garlic; minced
                1 t. ground ginger
                ¼ c. honey
                2 T. brown sugar
                1 T. sesame seeds

Trim excess fat from pork. Tie it to make it even shape. Place in a heavy plastic bag. Mix the soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Add to bag. Coat pork well. Marinade for 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator. Remove pork from marinade. Pat dry. Combine honey and sugar. Brush over pork. Coat with sesame seeds. Roast for 20 - 30 minutes at 375. Slice thinly and serve. Serves 4. Per serving: 188 calories, 4.1 g. fat, 4 WW points.

WW Mayonnaise

1 T. cornstarch
                1 ½ t. dry mustard
                1 t. sugar
                ½ t. salt
                ¾ c. buttermilk
                pinch of cayenne
                1 egg
                2 T. fresh lemon juice
                1 T. olive oil; preferably extra virgin

In medium saucepan, whisk cornstarch, mustard, sugar, salt and cayenne. Add ¼ c. buttermilk and whisk to a smooth paste. Whisk in egg and remaining ½ c. buttermilk until smooth. Set the pan over med - low heat and cook, whisking, until the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens. Continue to whisk for 15 seconds, and then remove the pan from the heat. Whisk in the lemon juice and oil. Transfer the mayo to a small bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Let cool. The mayo can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Whisk briefly before using. 1 T. has 20 calories (5 points).

That's all I could find, I hope there weren't too many repeats for any of you!

Comment

nommie

Posted March 15, 2004 09:53 AM
                  Had to share a couple of side dishes with all of you. Remember the odld fashioned stewed tomatoes your grandmother used to make. Well, I did a WW version:

1 can diced tomatoes (I squished them up with my hand)
                  2 packs of sweet and low
                  2 slices of toastedd low fat wheat bread (I used the 35 bread)

Bring tomatoes to a boil, add sweet and low. Simmer on medium about 5 minutes. Toast bread and crumble into mixture.

The only thing I could find that had points was the bread. Mine was 1 point for 2 slices.

Scallped Cauliflower -- 2points for entire dish
                  1 large head fresh cauliflower
                  Steam until tender, drain completely.

Stir in salt, freshly ground pepper, generous amount of Molly McButter.

Add 3 wedges of Light Laughing Cow Cheese (I used original flavor). You could also use 2 oz. light Velveeta. Stir until cheese melts.

Add fresh snipped chives and enjoy for 2 points (for the cheese). Serve hot
                  ( I did not have the chives--I used Mrs. Dash and it was great!

Comment

Kayce

Posted March 17, 2004 08:27 PM
                    I got this from diabetic gourmet news letter. I calculated the points using my point calculator.

Toasted Onion Dip
                    3-4 TBs dried onion flakes
                    1 -8oz pkg fat-free cream cheese
                    1/3 cup reduced fat plain yogurt
                    1/3 cup f.f. mayonaisse
                    2 small green onions and tops chopped
                    2 cloves garlic, minced
                    1/4 tsp.crushed beef bouillon cube
                    2-3 Tbs. f.f.milk
                    1/2-1 tsp lemon juice
                    2-3 drops hot pepper sauce
                    salt and white pepper totaste

cook onion flakes in small skillet over med. to med low heat until toasted, 3-4 mins stirring frequently. cool

Mix cream cheese, yogurt,mayo,green onions, garlic, bouillon in med bowl until smooth.add onion flakes. stir well.add enough milk to desired dipping consistacy.Season to taste with lemon juice,pepper sauce,salt and white pepper.

spoon into serving bowl, serve with veggies or bread sticks

serving size 2TBS.
                    Points 1 per serving.

diabetic exchange 1/2 meat.

Comment

nommie

Posted March 19, 2004 05:17 AM
                      I fixed the following for the diabetic and weight watcher people here at work this week. Couldn't keep the others out of it! They ate this instead of their cake. It was a hit.

BANANA SPLIT PIE

1 lite graham cracker crust

2 bananas

1 small pkg. sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding mix mixed with skim milk (according to pkg directions)

1 small can crushed pineapple (in its own juice), drained

1 carton fat-free Cool Whip

fresh strawberries, cut in half

Layer in pie crust in the following order: sliced bananas, pudding, pineapple, Cool Whip, and strawberries. Makes 8 servings at 3.25 points per slice.

Comment

Coll'sCookin'

Posted March 20, 2004 10:30 AM
                        My GF made this for our family for dinner. It has a delicate flavor & is delicious and the best part.....not labor intensive. YUM!

Serves 4 / 4 points per serving

Baked Salmon with Herb Sauce

1# salmon - cut into 4 pieces - best if 3/4-1 inch thick
                        2 T white wine
                        2T shallots- minced
                        salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 425°
                        Sprinkle fish with wine, shallots, salt, pepper.
                        Skin side down, place on a oil sprayed pan for 15-20 minutes covered with foil.
                        Check for doneness with fork. Fully cooked salmon is pink and flaky.

10 minutes before the salmon is done, make the herb sauce.

Herb Sauce:

Ingredients:
                        1/3 C low fat mayo
                        1/3 C chicken broth
                        1 T Dijon mustard
                        1 T Olive oil
                        1 T lemon juice
                        2 t each minced: fresh parsley, tarragon, chives / green onion and *chervil (*optional can use more parsley)

Over low heat, warm mayo and chicken broth.
                        Whisk in Dijon mustard.
                        Add Olive oil and lemon juice
                        Add minced herbs. Warm thru for a 30 - 60 seconds, do not wilt herbs.
                        Serve over fish and reserve some on the side.

Serve with wild rice and asparagus.

Comment

gail-s

Posted April 21, 2004 04:40 PM
                          This recipe tastes just like the frozen Santa Fe Style Rice and Beans

Cajun Beans and Rice Casserole (4.5 pts)
                          From Jenny Craig - No Diet Required

Time: Prep 28 minutes; Cook 30 minutes

1 (16-ounce) can red beans, drained
                          1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added pinto beans, drained
                          1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes,
                          undrained
                          vegetable cooking spray
                          2 cups chopped onion
                          ½ Cup chopped celery
                          1/2 Cup chopped green pepper
                          1 teaspoon dried thyme
                          ½ teaspoon dried oregano
                          1/2 teaspoon black pepper
                          1/4 teaspoon salt
                          1/4 teaspoon onion powder
                          1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
                          3 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
                          1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
                          1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese

Mash beans slightly with a fork. Combine beans and tomatoes in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates.

Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, celery, and green pepper; saute 4 minutes or until tender. Add thyme and next 5 ingredients; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir half of onion mixture into bean mixture.

Combine remaining onion mixture, rice, and sour cream. Spoon half of rice mixture into an 11- x 7- x 11/2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with half of bean mixture. Repeat layers with remaining rice and bean mixtures.

Cover and bake at 325 for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 additional minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Yield: 8 servings.

MasterCook Nutritional Info
                          Calories: 487
                          Total Fat: 3g
                          Fiber: 14g

Comment

Mommabear3cubs

Posted April 25, 2004 09:46 AM
                            Pumpkin Fluff or Pie

For Fluff:
                            15 oz. can pumpkin
                            1 c. skim milk
                            1 pkg. (3.4 oz. size) sugar free/fat free instant vanilla pudding
                            2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
                            8 oz. fat free Cool Whip

For Pie:
                            1 reduced fat graham cracker crust

Beat first 4 ingredients together. Stir in Cool Whip. Pour into a serving bowl, individual cups, or pie shell. Ready to eat or refrigerate until ready to serve.

Makes 8, 1 c. servings

1 c. pudding is 2 POINTS

1/8 th of pie is 4 POINTS

This is SO YUMMY! Big Grin

Mommabear3cubs

Posted April 25, 2004 09:46 AM
                            Chocolate Fluff Pudding WW
                            8 Servings @ 2P. each 6 servings @ 2.5P. each.
                            16 oz. oz. ff cool whip, divided
                            4 oz. ff sour cream
                            blend together then add
                            1 small package choc. pudding ff/sf
                            blend together,then fold in the additional 8 oz. ff cool whip.

Divide into 6-8 servings and chill.

You could also make this in to a pie...

Mommabear3cubs

Posted April 25, 2004 09:47 AM
                            Ww Mini Chocolate-chip Cookies
                            Servings| 24
                            Points® | 1

2 Tbsp butter, softened
                            2 Tbsp canola oil
                            1/2 cup dark brown sugar
                            1 tsp vanilla extract
                            1/8 tsp table salt
                            1 large egg white(s)
                            3/4 cup all-purpose flour
                            1/4 tsp baking soda
                            3 oz chocolate chips, semi-sweet (about 1/2 cup)

Preheat oven to 375ºF. In a medium bowl, cream butter, oil and brown sugar together. Add vanilla, salt and egg white, and mix together thoroughly. Mix together flour and baking soda. Add chocolate chips and stir to distribute evenly. Drop rounded half-teaspoons of dough onto a nonstick baking sheet. Bake cookies for 4 to 6 minutes, then cool on a wire rack. Yields 2 cookies per serving.

Mommabear3cubs

Posted May 10, 2004 02:50 PM
                            Here is another recipe that I recently tried. It's great! It tastes like chocolate cream pie! Big Grin
                            Magic Pudding Dessert
                            Serves 6 @ 3 pts. each

1 pkg. SF/FF Chocolate pudding
                            2 c. FF milk
                            32 FF saltine crackers
                            1 (8 oz.) container FF Cool Whip

Mix the instant pudding and milk together and place into the fridge for a few minutes to set up. Place 16 crackers in the bottom of an 8x8" pan. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture on top of the crackers, spreading evenly. Place the other 16 crackers on top of the pudding, then pour the other half of the pudding mixture on top of the last set of crackers. Top with the whole container of cool whip. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 15 hours. (It's best to let it sit for 24 - 48 hours before serving to make sure the crackers are completely soft!)
                            The magic part is - after the dessert sits long enough, the crackers taste exactly like a thin layer of either Phyllo or pie crust.

This is really good, I would reccommend it to all of you!

Comment

Mommabear3cubs

Posted June 28, 2004 01:37 PM
                              I've been asked to share this by texasterri!

This is from www.aimeesadventures.com. She says that she submitted this recipe to kashi.com and it won the recipe of the month award! Everyone I've talked to havs loved this recipe, but I haven't made it yet...

Aimee's Breakfast Crunch Cookies

2/3 c. Ocean Spray Craisins
                              4 c. Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal
                              1 t. Baking Powder
                              1/4 c. egg substitute
                              1/2 t. cinnamon
                              1/2 c. splenda

Preheat oven to 350.
                              Pulse cereal in a food processor about 20 times.
                              Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for 20 - 30 seconds or until mixture is tacky and well blended.
                              Place a piece of foil (dull side up) on a cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
                              Spray a 1/4 c. measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray.
                              Drop cookie mixture by 1/4 c. mounds onto foil. You'll need to spray your measuring cup ever now and then to prevent the mixture from sticking to the cup. Spray the bottom of a glass with non-stick cooking spray and lightly mash the cookies down to look like cookies.
                              Slide the foil onto the oven rack and remove cookie sheet.
                              Bake for 10 - 13 minutes. Do not over bake. The cookies will feel a little soft when you pull them out of the oven. They will harden as they cool. Cool completely!

These are supposed to make 12 cookies at 1 point each....I've heard they are very hard to make without a food processor, BTW!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X