• Vegetable Lasagna by nommie

Vegetable Lasagna

Ingredients:

9 lasagna noodles (8-oz)
    cup ( -oz) mushrooms
    1 cup boiling water
    1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
    1 large green pepper, chopped (1 cup)
    2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup) (I use 1 cup of bagged shredded carrots)
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    2 Tb margerine or butter
    4 cups chopped broccoli (flowerets and stems)
    1 15-oz container ricotta cheese (I use the reduced-fat)
    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz) (I use the part-skim)
    cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
    2 eggs (I use egg whites or Eggbeaters)
    cup snipped parsley
    tsp dried thyme, crushed
    tsp dried marjoram, crushed
    tsp pepper
    1 30-oz jar meatless spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu Chunky Mushroom)
    cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

Directions:

Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions and drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion, green pepper, carrots, mushrooms, and garlic in hot margarine or butter til tender but not brown. Add broccoli and 1 cup boiling water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and summer about 5 minutes or til broccoli is just crisp-tender.

In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, cup Parmasan or Romano cheese, eggs, parsley, thyme, marjoram, and pepper.

In a 3-quart rectangular baking dish, evenly spread cup of the spaghetti sauce. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce. Layer with half of the cheese mixture, half of the vegetable mixture, and 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spoon remaining spaghetti sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.

Cover and bake in a 375 oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more or til heated through.

Nutritional Information:

Per Serving (This is based on using 8 servings instead of 12. Points will come out to 11 and not 7 if you make 8 servings.): 485 calories, 30 g. protein, 54 g. carbohydrate, 20 g. fat (8 g. saturated), 86 mg cholesterol, 979 mg sodium, 891 mg potassium.

Original Source: Better Homes & Gardens Vegetarian
Working...
X