WW Meals/Desserts by TeresaY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW Meals/Desserts by TeresaY

Just thought I'd start a thread with some T&T Weight Watcher meals/desserts...

WW Potato Soup (This is REALLY good!)
    1 point per 1 cup serving

20 oz pkg. Obrien frozen hash brown potatoes
    4 cans F/F chicken broth (14 oz cans)
    ½ onion, diced
    3 stalks celery, diced
    1 pkg. low fat country gravy mix (Pioneer brand – no fat)

Put all in pot boil about 20 minutes. The longer it boils, the more it thickens up.

NOTE: If you add shredded cheese, you’ll need to add on additional points.

Taco Soup – 1 point per cup
    (This was mailed to me by the WW leader – I haven’t tried this version yet)

1 can northern beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can mild Rotel tomatoes and peppers
    2 cans seasoned tomatoes
    1 can Mexican style corn or plain corn
    1 pkg. Taco seasoning
    1 pkg. Hidden Ranch dry salad dressing mix- fat free
    1 can diced tomatoes

All cans added un-drained. You can add water if you desire a thinner soup.

NOTE: You can add 1 lb. ground been and onion cooked together and then your total point value would be 2 points per cup. Freezes well, so make a double batch.

Shrimp Stir Fry – Another really good recipe!!!
    Serves 4 at 5 points per serving

¾ lb. cooked shrimp (tails removed)
    1 pkg. frozen stir fry vegetables
    1 onion
    1 bell pepper
    Szechuan Stir Fry Sauce

Serve over either brown or white rice.

1. Cut up bell pepper & onion and sauté in a pan using a non-stick spray.
    2. Make r servings of either brown or white rice (add 1 point for white rice).
    3. After vegetables are lightly cooked, add frozen vegetables and cooked shrimp.
    4. Add a tbsp. of water to thin Szechuan Sauce.
    5. Scoop ¼ cup Rice into a bowl.
    6. Serve 1 cup of stir fry on top of rice.

If you’re using white rice, then the point value is 6 points per serving.

Rocky Top Chicken

Grilled Boneless Chicken Breast (I use my GF Grill)

While chicken is still hot, sprinkle a little of each on top as follows:

Grated Monterey & Cheddar Cheeses (just a little bit goes a long way)
    Crumbled (cooked) bacon (I buy it in a jar)
    Small – diced tomatoes
    Green onions (optional – I don’t use)
    Sautéed sliced mushrooms (optional – I don’t use)

Once you have everything on top of the chicken, put in the oven until the cheese melts.

Points are based on the ounces of chicken Plus I add 1-2 points for the toppings. (3 oz. is about the size of your palm)

Note: Serve with either a nice salad or some cooked veggies. (Veggies are FREE in points).

Smothered Chicken with Pierogies (I really like this one!!!)

1 dozen frozen potato and cheddar cheese pierogies
    1 can (10 ¾ oz) lowfat cream of chicken soup
    1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
    1/2 cup frozen peas
    2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a 2 quart casserole with nonstick coating.

Thaw pierogies in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and place in the casserole dish.

In a large saucepan, combine soup, mushrooms, peas, and chicken. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until heated through. Pour over pierogies. Bake 15 minutes.

Serves 4 @ 7 pts each

Lemon Squares
    15 servings 3 pts each

1 Box Angel Food Mix
    1 (16 oz.) Can Lemon Pie Filling (I used Comstock Brand)
    1/8 Cup Powdered Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Using a hand mixer, mix the angel food cake mix with pie filling until combined well. Pour into a 9X13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
    Let cook completely, and then sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
    Cut into 15 bars.

Blueberry Squares (THE BEST!!!)
    15 servings @ 3 points each

1 Box Angel Food Mix
    1 can of Blueberry pie filling

Mix the angel food cake and pie filling together – nothing else. Pour into a 9x13 pan. Bake according to package direction. When you serve it, put a dollop of fat free cool whip on top.

You can also make cupcakes with this at only 1 point per cupcake!

Frozen S'Morewiches (Tastes just like an ice-cream sandwich!)
    Serves: 18
    Calories: 114
    Fat: 1
    Fiber: 0
    ~2 WW Points~
    18 (Full Sheets) Low Fat Cinnamon Graham Crackers
    1 1/2 Cups Fat Free Milk
    1 (1.4 oz.) Package Sugar Free Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
    1 Cup Miniature Marshmallows
    1/8 Cup Miniature Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
    2 Cups Fat Free Cool Whip

In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding until combined. Set aside.
    Break the graham cracker sheets in half to make squares. Place 18 graham cracker squares face down on a large cookie sheet. Set aside.
    Once the pudding has thickened a bit, fold in the cool whip, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Place approx. 1/4 cup of the mixture on top of each graham cracker. Top each with the remaining graham cracker squares. It's ok if some of the mixture squeezes out the sides.
    At this point you can wrap each square in plastic wrap and freeze, or freeze and then wrap in plastic wrap. I freeze first so it's less messy.
    Freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from freezer when ready to serve and let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes before eating.

Note: You can use vanilla pudding if you don't like chocolate and you can use honey graham crackers if you don't like cinnamon.

Ice Cream Sandwiches - 1 point each

1 full sheet of graham cracker (Low fat)
    1 Tbsp of coolwhip

Put coolwhip on graham cracker half and put other half on top. Wrap and freeze. I make a bunch and individually wrap them and pull out later. Can’t tell the difference between a real ice cream sandwich and this!

5 Can Soup -- Really Good!!!

1 can sliced new potatoes (drained)
    1 can sliced carrots (drained)
    1 can ff chicken broth
    1 can Italian style zucchini
    1 can stewed tomatoes

Combine all 5 cans in a pot and simmer. Yummy. Check the cans and do the math but it comes out to something like 3 points for the entire pot of soup.

W.W. Taco soup 1 cup = 3 points (Another really good one!)

1lb. ground round
    1 lg onion, chopped
    1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
    1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
    1-16oz can ranch beans(chili beans)
    1-16oz can whole kernal corn
    1-16oz can diced tomatoes
    1-16oz can pinto beans
    1-14 oz can Rotel tomatoes
    2 cans water
    Brown meat with onion;drain. Add seasoning pkg mixes, stir well. Add all canned veggies UNDRAINED, plus water.bring to a boil, turn low and simmer 1 hour.
    Recipe makes about 10 cups
    1 cup = 3 points

Bacon Grilled Cheese Breakfast – Oh man!!!

Oscar Mayer precooked bacon (3 slices, 2 pts)
    Bread (2 slices for 1 pt)
    IBCINB (I can’t believe it's not butter spray)
    Cheese slice (2 pts)
    Egg beaters – Optional (1 pt)

Spray ICBINB on both of your bread to make grilled cheese. Put your bacon, cheese, cooked egg beaters (opt) and grill it like a grilled cheese sandwich. You can also add tomatoes & lettuce too if you want.

Point value: 6 points without egg beaters and 5 points with egg beaters.

Low fat Lemon Dream cheesecake (2 WW points per slice)

Ingredients
    3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
    2/3 cup boiling water
    1 small pkg. Jello sugar free LEMON jello
    Juice from ½ of a lemon
    1 cup low fat cottage cheese
    1-8oz pkg. fat free cream cheese
    2 cups thawed Cool Whip Free topping

Instructions
    Sprinkle crumbs onto bottom of an 8 or 9-inch springform pan or 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Stir boiling water into gelatin in a large bowl at least 2 min or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool 5 min. Pour into blender or food processor. Add cheeses; cover and blend on medium speed until well blended, occasionally scraping down sides of blender or food processor. Pour into large bowl. Add whipped topping; stir gently until well blended. Pour into prepared pan; smooth top with spatula. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Remove side of pan just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

NOTE: Doesn't work so hot with a hand mixer - I use my food processor or a blender would work also. The lemon is the BEST and I add the juice of half a lemon as well which gives it an extra fresh lemon flavor. YUM YUM!

Instead of making a graham pie crust, I use the already made graham cracker pie crust. This cheesecake doesn't have the texture of real cheesecake - it has a light, creamy texture. BUT, with the hint of graham cracker crust and the flavor of cheesecake, it's satisfies our cravings just fine! It’s really good!!!! (If you use the graham pie crust it’s about 4 points per serving).

You can use any flavored Jello you choose, but LEMON is the BEST. We add a little fresh lemon juice as well for extra flavor. Don't be concerned when you pour the mixture into the pie plate and it's very liquidy. It does set up! Enjoy!

Krusteaz Bran Muffins

servings | 18
    estimated POINTS per serving | 1 WW Point

Ingredients

3 cups all bran cereal
    2 1/2 cups water
    1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1 box Krusteaz fat free muffin mix, any flavor (CHOCOLATE!)

Instructions

Soak all bran in water for 5 min. Add baking powder and muffin mix to cereal. Mixture will be very thick. Drop into muffin tins sprayed with pam. Bake according to muffin mix directions. Makes 18 muffins at 1 point each.

Cola Chicken (1 WW point per oz of chicken)
    4-5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
    1 Cup Ketchup (I use 3/4 Cup)
    1 – 12 oz. Can of Diet Cola

Put chicken in a non-stick skillet. Pour ketchup and diet cola over the chicken.
    Turn heat to Medium high and cook chicken for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    Cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook another 15-20 minutes. Remove lid, and cook until sauce thickens and sticks to chicken.

Sauce will taste like BBQ and the chicken is very tender. You can use a little less diet soda for the BBQ sauce to be somewhat thicker.

Note: You can also make shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches with this. Simply
    use 2 forks and pull the chicken apart about 15 minutes before it's finished
    cooking. I also like to add some black pepper and diced onions to my cola
    chicken right when I start to cook it.

Angel Food Cake Endless Possibilities

Serves: 12 / Points: 3 WW Points, unless otherwise noted

1 box Betty Crocker (1-Step) angel food cake mix
    *see variations below*

Mix the angel food cake mix and desired flavor ingredients together and beat by hand until blended. Pour into UN-GREASED 9x13 pan (or muffin tin) and bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes (muffins bake 15-18 minutes). COOL UPSIDE DOWN FOR BEST RESULTS.

Lemon -- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and 2 tsp grated lemon peel

Orange Citrus -- 1-1/4 cup water and 2 tsp grated orange peel

Cherry -- 1 can (20 oz) light cherry pie filling

Black Forest -- add 1/2 cup cocoa to Cherry version

Cotton Candy -- 1-1/4 cup water and 1 small pkg. (3.4 oz) sugar free flavored gelatin, any flavor.

Pineapple -- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, in juice

Pina Colada -- add 1 Tbsp coconut extract (and optional 1 Tbsp rum extract) to pineapple directions

Pumpkin -- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin, 3/4c water, 1Tbsp vanilla & 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (2 pts/slice)

Spiced -- 1-1/4 cup water, 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp ground cloves

Chocolate Sauce -- Mix 1/2 cup water & 1/2 cup sugar together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa and whisk until completely blended. Strain into a jar w/ tight fitting lid. Allow to cool. Cover and store refrigerated. Reheat or serve cold. (Yields: about 10 servings of 1Tbsp--40 Calories 0g Fat 1g Fiber--add 1 point to cake). This is equally good poured over frozen yogurt.

Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting -- Mix together 2-3 Tbsp cocoa powder and 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip Light (same points per slice/muffin).

Citrus Glaze ? -- Stir together 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar and 1-2 Tbsp orange, 1 Tbsp at a time until smooth & drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over completely cooled cake. (21 Calories 0g Fat 0g Fiber--same points per slice) (Lemon juice can be used for Lemon Glaze.)

Pineapple Frosting -- Mix together 1 container (8oz) Cool Whip Light, 1 small package sugar-free, fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix and 1 can (15 oz) crushed pineapple, mostly drained. Points per frosted piece of cake = 4.5

Southern Pork Chops (3 WW points each)

4 Lean pork Rib Chops
    1 Clove Garlic, cut in half
    1 Tablespoon Paprika
    1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
    1/4 teaspoon Ground Sage
    1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
    1/2 teaspoon Pepper

Prepare grill or broiler. Rub both sides of pork chops with garlic. Combine the next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Press seasoning mixture into pork chops with hands to adhere. Grill pork chops 7-8 minutes per side or until cooked throughout.

Comment

TeresaY

Posted May 26, 2005 06:38 AM
      Here are some more newly tried and true recipes!!!

Hot Hamburger Stuffing
      Serves 12 @ 6 points each

1 pound extra lean hamburg
      salt & pepper
      6-7 oz box of Stove Top Stuffing
      1/2 C chopped onion
      I put in a small can of mushrooms
      1 can ff cream of celery soup
      1 can ff cream of chicken soup
      1 can ff cream of mushroom soup

Crumble RAW burger in 9x13 in. pan. Mix soups together, stir in onion and mushrooms, salt & pepper. Stir in stuffing. Mix well. Pour mix over meat. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for and hour. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes to lightly brown.

Arizona Chuck Wagon Beans (6 points)

1 lb. navy beans – dried or pinto
      6 cups water
      ¼ lb pork loins, lean, boneless – diced
      1 large onion, chopped
      1 garlic clove, minced
      1 large green pepper, chopped
      1-1/2 lbs round steak, cubed
      1-1/2 tsp salt
      ½ tsp oregano, crumbled
      ¼ tsp red pepper
      ¼ tsp ground cumin
      8 oz tomato sauce

Pick over beans and rinse well. Combine beans and water in a large kettle. Bring to boiling; cover; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 1 hour then pour into slow cooker. Brown salt pork in a large skillet; remove with a slotted spoon to cooker; sauté onion, garlic and green pepper in pan drippings; remove with slotted spoon to cooker. Brown beef, a few pieces at a time in pan drippings; remove to cooker with slotted spoon; stir in salt, oregano, red pepper, cumin and tomato sauce. Add more water, if necessary to bring liquid level above beans. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours, or until beans are tender.

Calories 391.7 fat 11.9 fiber 14.8

WW Veggie (or veggie & cheese) Omelet

Egg beaters – plain (1/2 cup = 1 point) (flavored is ½ cup = 2 points)
      Mushrooms (0 points)
      Peppers (0 points)
      Onions (opt. 0 points)
      Any veggies you want really (0 points)
      Real bacon bits – just a little bit (1 point)
      Shredded Cheddar Cheese - just a little bit (2 points)

In an omelet maker (one of those microwave ones), put ¼ of eggbeaters into each well. Nuke for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes until eggbeaters are cooked.

While you’re nuking your eggbeaters, you’re going to sauté your veggies in a skillet on the stove by using some Pam spray and a little salt (I use the Crazy Salt Seasoning). After the veggies are sautéed then you’re going to put them on one side of the omelet maker, top with some bacon bits and cheese. Fold over the omelet maker and then slide out the omelet onto a plate. Nuke in the microwave about 15 seconds until the cheese melts. Enjoy! This is the best tasting (not to mention filling) omelet ever for only up to 4 points!

Creamy Ranch Potatoes and Chicken

5 Servings at 5 Points

20 oz. Potatoes -- peeled and cubed
      1/2 a 1 oz. Package of Dry Ranch Mix
      1 Pound Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts -- cubed
      1 Can 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup -- (10 oz.)
      1/4 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream
      1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
      Salt and Pepper to Taste

Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Mix all ingredients together and place into crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
      Makes 5-1 cup servings.

Comment

TeresaY

Posted May 31, 2005 10:26 AM
        Fish is also low in points and very good for you to eat. I just tried this last week and it was really good. Best part of all...there was no clean-up mess!!!!

George Foreman Grilled Fish

Rub fish with a seasoning mix, salt and pepper, and ICBINBS. Then wrap them in aluminum foil and put them on the George Foreman grill for a couple of minutes. YUMMY! The amount of time needed to cook the fish depends on the thickness of the fish.

Comment

I tried this one last week...it's awesome!!!!

Chocolate Eclair Dessert Excellent!
          3 points per serving
          Serves: 18
          24 Lowfat graham crackers (about 1 box)
          2 boxes (small) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
          4 1/2 cups skim milk
          12-ounce Lite Cool Whip (thawed)
          1 box (small) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding

Preparation:
          Place 8 crackers in bottom of 13x9 pan. Mix vanilla puddings and 3 cups of milk well; let sit 2 minutes. Gently fold in Cool Whip Lite. Pour half on graham crackers. Top with another 8 crackers. Pour remaining pudding mixture over crackers. Top with last 8 crackers. Mix the small instant chocolate pudding with 1 1/2 cups skim milk. Let sit 2 minutes. Spread over graham crackers. Let sit 6 hours or overnight in refrigerator to soften crackers. Strawberries may be served on top for garnish.

NOTE: You can use any flavor of pudding…next time I’m going to make it all chocolate pudding!

Comment

I just made this and brought it into work...it tastes GREAT warm with a dolip of ff cool whip on top!!!

Triple Fudge Cake
            POINTS® value | 4
            Servings | 16

1 package pudding-type chocolate cake dry mix
            1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
            2 cup Jell-O Sugar Free Cook and Serve Chocolate Pudding, Prepared with 2% Reduced-Fat Milk
            32 Tbsp Cool Whip Free Whipped Topping

Heat oven to 350F. In a large saucepan or microwave, cook chocolate pudding as directed on package. Blend dry cake mix thoroughly into hot pudding by hand or electric mixer, one to two minutes.

Pour into greased and floured 13x9x2 inch pan. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips (may add nuts, but add points). Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm or cold with 2 tbsp of Cool Whip if desired (points already calculated in). Serves 16 at 4 points each. (20 servings =3 points).

These are new WW recipes that I tried last night and my family loved them both, so I thought I'd share them with you. I got both recipes from the WW board.

Chicken Baseballs
            Servings: 4
            Points per serving: 9

3 oz cream cheese – softened
            2 tsp light margarine – melted
            ¼ tsp salt
            ¼ tsp pepper
            2 tbsp onion – chopped (less/none if you don’t want heavy onion flavor)
            2 tbsp skim milk
            2 cups shredded cooked chicken
            1 pkg reduced fat crescent rolls (8 crescent rolls total)
            Bread crumbs

Using a mixer, combine cream cheese, butter, salt, pepper, onion, and milk to blend. Pour mixture over chicken and stir. Separate crescent roll dough into four rectrangles and seal perforations. Spoon ½ cup mixture into center of each. Pull opposite corners of dough to center and seal. Sprinkle each “baseball” with bread crumbs and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

NOTE: You need 2 crescent rolls per baseball. Take a rolling pin and flatten some to stretch out.

I served with a side of veggies.

Peanut Butter/Chocolate Pie
            2 points per slice (8 slices per pie)

4 tbsp peanut butter
            1 tbsp honey
            1.5 cups rice krispy cereal
            FF/SF chocolate pudding (instant)
            Cool Whip

Mix 4 tbsp PB and 1 tbsp honey. Nuke 20 seconds. Combine with 1.5 cups rice krispy cereal and pat in a pie pan. Mix together the ff/sf chocolate pudding according to pkg directions and pour over top. Put in the refrigerator to let set and cut into 8 pieces. Add a dollop of cool whip on top when you serve. YUMMY!!!!

Comment

Here are some more recipes that I've tried and liked:

I made this one before I went on vacation last month...really good.

Mexican Meatloaf (Freezer-friendly)
              POINTS® Value | 4
              Servings | 8
              Preparation Time | 15 min
              Cooking Time | 65 min

1 serving cooking spray
              1 1/2 pound uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
              1 cup rolled oats
              1 medium onion(s), finely chopped
              1/2 tsp garlic powder
              4 oz canned green chili peppers, mild, diced
              1 large egg(s)
              1 Tbsp chili powder
              2 tsp ground cumin
              8 oz canned tomato sauce

Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients, except half of tomato sauce, together in a large mixing bowl. Set remaining tomato sauce aside. Spoon meatloaf mixture into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 60 minutes. Spoon remaining sauce over meatloaf and cook 5 minutes more. Slice into eight pieces.

Freezing and thawing instructions: If freezing, bake meatloaf for 60 minutes only. Cool, remove from pan, wrap in foil and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw in refrigerator and reheat in oven at 350°F for 30 minutes. Top with 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and bake for 5 minutes more.

NOTE: Turn up the heat up on this zesty meatloaf by adding hot green chilies or chipotle peppers. Or swap the tomato sauce for your favorite hot salsa.
              ******My husband added some hot sauce on top of his and really liked the meatloaf.

I made this over the weekend and it came out great!

Chicken & Dumpling
              4 servings at 7 points per serving (these are huge, huge servings)

1 cup sliced celery, 2 ribs
              1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
              ½ cup chopped onion
              5-1/2 cups defatted chicken broth, 3 cans
              ½ tsp poultry seasoning
              ½ tsp dried parsley
              1-2/3 cup reduced fat Bisquick
              2/3 cup skim milk
              2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
              Salt and pepper, to taste

1. Sauté celery, carrots and onion in large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth, poultry seasoning, and parsley; bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes.

2. Stir together baking mix and milk until blended.

3. Stir chicken into stew. Drop baking mixture, in ping-pong ball size portions, one at a time, into boiling broth. Cover, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes.

NOTE: I boil 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts and when they’re fully cooked, I just shred the meat with two forks.

Comment

Re: WW Meals/Desserts by TeresaY

This thread is definitely worth a bump.
                Mary Ann in Wisconsin
                "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.”

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

Working...
                X