MORE T&T WW Recipes by TeresaY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MORE T&T WW Recipes by TeresaY

I prepared this for dinner tonight. It was pretty good...will make again.

Chili Dog Casserole

4 FF Hot Dog Buns (1 point each)
    8 FF Hotdogs (1 point each)
    1/4 cup diced onion
    2 tbsp prepared mustard
    1 (15 oz) can Hormel 99% FF Turkey Chili w/beans
    1 cup FF shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Break buns and place in the bottom of a 9x13 dish. Slice hot dogs into bite size pieces and place evenly on top of buns.

Mix onion, mustard and chili; pour evenly on top of the hotdogs. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top. Bake for 30 minutes.

Serves 4 @ 5 WW points per serving

Per serving: 292 calories; 3 g fat (9.3% calories from fat); 35 g protein; 35g carbohydrate; 8 g dietary fiber; 48 mg choleterol; 2070 mg. sodium. Exchanges: 0 lean meat; 0 vegetable; 0 fat; 0 other carbohydrates.

Here's another that I tried and really liked!

White Bean Chicken Chili

2 cans Bush’s Great Northern Beans – drained (I didn’t drain mine)
    3 cups chicken broth
    1 medium onion – chopped
    ¾ lb chicken breasts, no skin, no bone, either cut into small pieces or shredded (I added cooked shredded chicken by boiling it first)
    4 oz green chilies – diced
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tsp cumin powder
    1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
    ½ tsp salt

Spray fry pan with cooking spray. Sautee onion and garlic until tender. Add cumin, red pepper flakes and salt.

In large pot put onion/spice mixture, chicken broth, chicken, beans, and green chilies. Stir until well combined. Bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until flavors are well blended. Add water if needed.

Yield: “1 cup” (5 servings) at 2 points per cup

Per serving: 121 calories; 3 g fat, 1 g dietary fiber

Here's some more recipes that I tried over the weekend...

These are great! Almost as good as Coll’s banana choc chip bread!

Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes (1 point per muffin)

1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
    1-1/3 Cups Mashed Bananas (approx. 3 bananas)
    1 Cup Water
    ½ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a regular size muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the banana and water with a hand mixer. Blend in the angel food cake mix. Stir in the chocolate chips. Place ¼ cup of batter into each well of the muffin tin. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.

Serves: 36
    Per serving: 62 calories; 1g fat (11.0% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; Omg Cholesterol; 87mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 1

Meatloaf Stove Top Muffins
    Yield: 12
    2 Points Each

1 lb lean ground beef
    1 (6 oz) box of Stove Top Stuffing Mix (I used lower sodium chicken)
    1 cup water
    2 egg whites (I used ¼ cup egg beaters)

Mix together and divide into 12 muffin cups that have been sprayed with PAM spray. Bake at 305 degrees for 35 minutes

Just thought I'd share a couple of things that I prepared this weekend...BOTH came out excellent!

Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake

1 box lemon cake mix
    1 pint blueberries
    1 (12 oz) can diet 7-up

In a 13x9” pan spray with Pam spray. Sprinkle the blueberries in the pan. Sprinkle over the top with Lemon cake mix. Break up any large lumps. Pour over that the can of diet 7-up.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown.

NOTE: Basically the points will depend on what the box of cake mix says. Mine was 12 servings at 4 points per serving.

Cheesy Chicken Pot Biscuits
    Serving 5 at 2 points each

1 (7.5 oz) can of refrigerated home-style or buttermilk biscuits
    1 cup (5 oz) shredded chicken
    1 (10-1/2 oz) can cream of chicken soup
    2/3 cup (2-1/2 oz) shredded kraft reduced-fat cheddar cheese
    1 tsp dried parsley flakes (if you don’t have, use oregano & basil seasoning)
    ¼ tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Separate biscuits and place each biscuit in a cup of an ungreased 12-hole muffin pan. Pressing dough up sides to edge of cup. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, soup, cheese, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Mix well to combine. Evenly spoon chicken mixture into prepared biscuit cups. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Place muffin pan on wire rack and let set for 2-3 minutes. Serve at once.

Per serving: 230 calories, 6 gm fat, 2 gm fiber.

NOTE: The only biscuits that I could find was Pillsbury Golden Homestyle Buttermilk (12 oz) can. So I counted each serving (2 biscuits) as 6 points…3 points per filled biscuit. Next time I’ll get the correct biscuits!

Also, I boil my chicken in a pot and after it’s fully cooked, I shred the meat with two forks.

I ate 2 biscuits with a side of veggies and it was plenty for a total of 6 points.

Recipes continued ...

Here are some more tried and true recipes that my family enjoyed.

Tater Tot Casserole

1 bag regular (or onion flavored) tater tots
    1 lb. extra lean ground beef
    1 crushed been bouillon
    1 chopped onion (I only used about ½ an onion)
    1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
    1 can low fat cream of chicken soup
    1 can sliced mushroom (or can use fresh mushrooms)
    1-1/2 cups finely shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese soup

Brown ground been and onion together, then drain. Add crushed beef bouillon to the mixture. Mix in both cans of soup and mushrooms. Spray a 9x13” casserole dish with Pam and arrange the tater tots in a single layers. Top with the beef/soup mixture and then spread the cheese on top. Bake @ 350 degrees for ½ to 1 hour (1 hour the flavors blend together better and the tater tots get more crispy crust on the bottom. Serves 12 @ 4.5 points per serving.

Strawberry Fluff
    5 – 1 cup servings @ 2 points each

1 pkg sugar free strawberry jello
    1 pkg sugar free, fat free vanilla pudding
    8 medium strawberries
    1 (8 oz) container cool whip free
    1 cup hot water
    1 cup cold water

Dissolve box of strawberry jello in hot water, then add cold water and set aside to cool. Slice strawberries. Add box of vanilla pudding to dissolved jello, beat with mixer for about two minutes. Fold in strawberries and cool whip. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. It thickens in the refrigerator.

I tried this for the first time this past Friday night…one of my co-workers is Hawaiian and gave me the recipe. Truly delicious!

Chicken Long Rice (Mai Fun Noodles)
    4 servings = 10 points
    6 servings = 7 points (this is the amount I had)
    8 servings = 5 points

1 lb shredded chicken
    4 cups chicken broth
    1/8 tsp crushed ginger
    1 medium onion, minced
    2 cups celery, sliced thin
    2 carrots, julienne
    8 oz mushrooms, sliced
    6.75 oz long rice (Mai Fun Noodles/rice vermicelli noodles)
    6 green onions, cut 1” in length

1. Soak rice according to directions on package. I boiled my water in a pan and just let the long rice soak for about 10 minutes. Drained the noodles and then cut into 3” lengths.
    2. Boil your chicken until fully cooked and then shred meat with two forks.
    3. Pour chicken broth into large pot, add ginger and onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Drain long rice and cut into 3” lengths.
    4. Add green onions, long rice, and shredded chicken to the pot and cook five minutes or until long rice becomes translucent. ENJOY!
    NOTE: Long rice is actually “Mai Fun” noodles which is long rice (not to be confused with long-grain rice though). Mai Fun noodles are thin, wiry noodles that are similar in look and consistency to cellophane noodles. They’re also called Rice Vermicelli noodles found in the oriental section of your supermarket.

ALSO NOTE: You’ll need to add your own seasonings when you serve because the noodles are a bit bland in taste.

Comment

Recipes continued ...

1 Point Chinese Egg Rolls

Just call your favorite Chinese restaurant and ask what day they make their egg rolls (most do it 1-2 days a week…some will even do special orders with about an hour notice if you’re ordering a lot). Tell them you would like to buy some RAW (I bought 35!) eggrolls. They charge you the regular price but they are not doubled fried like when you normally buy them there. Then you just take them home, put them in a pan sprayed with Pam spray and brush with a little egg whites and pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for approx 45-50 minutes. I cooked all of mine at once, eat however many you want after they’re cooked and then when the rest cool off, wrap them individually in the freezer to be heated up later when you want. When you reheat later…oven temp 350 degrees. Wrap in foil and bake for approx. 15-20 minutes.

I got this from the WW board…someone posted that they’re WW leader swore by it. I get off work at noon on Friday’s so I rushed to the Chinese restaurant and they prepared 35 of them within 40 minutes for me. I came home baked them and was amazed at how crunchy and delicious they were. They taste just like the ones from the restaurant. It’s only 1 point because it’s a thin wrapper, vegetables, and a tiny bit of pork or shrimp. Plus you don’t have all that fried grease to make the points go up. EXCELLENT and best of all you don’t have any greasy drippings when you bite into it!

Here are some more tried and true that turned out great!

Crock Chicken

6-8 skinless chicken thighs/breasts
      1 can 98% FF cream of mushroom
      1 can 98% FF cream of chicken
      garlic pepper

I cook it on low for around 4 hours (even all day if you're working). The soups makes a really good gravy, you can serve this with mashed taters. 4 points per serving (not including the potatoes). NOTE: I used frozen chicken in the crock.

No Bake Cheese Cake

16 oz ff cream cheese
      1/3 cup splenda
      2 tablespoon lemon juice
      8 oz ff cool whip
      1 reduced fat graham cracker crust

Beat cream cheese, splenda & lemon juice in large bowl with an electric mixed until well blended. Gently stir in half the cool whip. Spoon into crust and refrigerate 3 hours or until set. Spread remaining cool whip on top. 8 servings @ 3 points each.

CRUST IS 17 POINTS….SO IF YOU DON’T USE THE CRUST, IT IS 1 POINT PER SERVING @ 8 SERV. IF YOU WANT TO ONLY HAVE 4 SERVINGS THEN IT’LL ONLY BE 2 POINTS PER SERVING.

I tried this tonight and it was really good!

Bubble Up Pizza Casserole

1 pound 96% lean ground beef
      2 t. onion powder or 1 onion, chopped
      16 oz. tomato sauce
      1/2 t. dried basil
      3 cloves garlic, minced
      1 t. Italian seasoning
      Veggie Toppings (mushrooms, peppers, olives, any of your favorites – BE CREATIVE)
      17 slices Turkey Pepperoni (optional)
      15 oz. refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (I use 2 of the 7.5 oz cans)
      1 1/4 c. part skim milk mozzarella cheese, shredded

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In skillet, brown meat over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in onion powder or onion, tomato sauce, basil, garlic and Italian seasoning.

2. Add veggies (mushrooms, peppers, black olives, etc…whatever you like) and pepperoni. Add quartered biscuits; stir gently until biscuits are covered with sauce. Spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

8 SERVINGS: 5.5 pts. 6 SERVINGS: 7.3 points
      (If you add 17 slices turkey pepperoni, that adds 2 points to the whole recipe.)

Banana Muffins
      Points per serving = 2 (makes approx 20)

1 pkg. light yellow cake dry mix
      3 med bananas
      1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
      1 tsp ground cinnamon
      1 tsp imitation vanilla extract, no alcohol
      ¼ cup water
      ½ cup mini chocolate chips (Optional)

1. Mash 3 medium sized ripe bananas.
      2. Combine all listed ingredients together and spoon into sprayed or paper-lined muffin tins.
      3. Bake at 350 degrees (preheated) for 17-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted come out clean.

Yield: 20-24 muffins for 2 points OR 36-40 mini muffins for 1 point each

NOTES: These muffins are so incredibly good. They rise well, smell good and taste good. They are very light. After baking, they come just a little above the top of the cupcake liners.

Comment

And more recipes continued ...

Taco Soup Casserole

8 servings, 5.5 pts each

8 oz lean ground beef, browned and drained of all fat
        1 chopped onion
        1 pkg taco seasoning mix
        1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
        1 regular can whole kernel corn, drained
        1 can kidney beans, drained
        1 can chili beans, do not drain
        1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
        1 cup tomato sauce
        8 corn tortillas
        1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch-baking dish with cooking spray. In a large
        skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown meat, sautéé onions and drain. Add all other
        ingredients, except tortillas and cheese. Mix well to combine. Remove skillet from heat. Lay 4
        tortillas in bottom of baking dish. Pour a little over half of mixture into prepared baking dish. Lay
        remaining 4 tortillas on top and cover with remaining mixture. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle
        shredded Cheddar cheese evenly over the top. Continue baking until cheese melts, about 10
        minutes. Remove from oven and let set 5 minutes. Cut into 8 servings.

Mexican Casserole
        Points...5; Servings...8

1 lb lean ground meat
        1/2 onion, chopped
        1 packet taco seasoning
        1 can ff refried beans
        8 oz can tomato sauce
        1 cup cheddar cheese
        2 cans rf crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 375. Cook meat with onions till done, drain any fat. Add taco seasoning, refried beans and tomato sauce. Heat through. In a 9x13 casserole coated with cooking spray, spread out 1 can of crescents, sealing perforations. Spread meat mixture on top. Cover with cheese. Put second can of crescents on top. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crescents are golden.

I love this recipe. It's one that I've had for awhile only I just recently ran it through my Mastercook program to figure out the points. Very easy and delicious too!

Moo Goo Gai Pan

4 med boneless, skinless chicken breasts
        ½ cup chicken broth
        2 tbsp soy sauce
        2 tbsp dry white wine
        4 tsp cornstarch
        ½ tsp sugar
        1 tbsp. cooking oil
        3 cloves garlic, minced
        2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (bias sliced)
        8 oz whole small fresh mushrooms (I use sliced ones)
        2 cups fresh pea pods or 1 16-oz frozen pkg (I use frozen pkg)
        8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
        3 cups hot cooked rice

• Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut into think bite-size strips. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together the chicken broth, soy sauce, white wine, cornstarch, and sugar. Set aside. (You may want to double the sauce part – if you do, figure in the points).

• Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet (add more oil if as necessary during cooking – if you do, figure in the points). Preheat over med-high heat. Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add carrots, stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and if using fresh pea pods, stir-fry about 1 minute more or till carrots and pea pods are crisp-tender. Remove veggies from the wok.

• Add the chicken to the hot wok/large skillet. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or till no pink remains. Push the chicken from the center of the wok. Stir sauce. Add the sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.

• Return the cooked veggies to the wok. Add water chestnuts and, if using, thawed pea pods. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or till heated through. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.

Makes 4 large servings.

5 points for the veggies and 4 points for 1 cup cooked rice = a total of 9 points for a filling meal!

Comment

Working...
        X