• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Breads/Muffins

Gooey Cinnamon Rolls

Servings | 10
    POINTS® value per serving | 1

7.5 oz Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuit(s)NOT GRANDS!
    1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    40 Mini Marshmallows
    1/4 cup splenda

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400. Spray 10 wells of muffin pan with butter flavored cooking spray. Separate biscuits and flatten each into a 4 inch circle. In a small bowl combine Splenda & cinnamon. Dip each bisucit into the cinnamon/Splenda mixture. Place 4 marshmallows in the center of each biscuit. Bring edges up to form balls. Place each in a prepared muffin well seam side down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove rolls from pan immediately & cool slightly on a wire rack.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Poster said 1 ww point and also needs cinnamon

APPLE BRAN MUFFINS

1 1/2 cups wheat bran
    1 cup low-fat milk
    1 Tbsp vinegar
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 egg whites
    1/2 apple, chopped

Add 1 Tbsp vinegar to milk and let sit for 2 minutes.
    In a small bowl, combine bran and milk. Set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin pan, or use paper liners. (I used Pam)
    In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Stir in bran mixture and egg whites. Fold in chopped apple. Divide batter into 12 muffin cups.
    Bake in preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Breakfast Muffin Bars

Breakfast Muffin Bars 2PTS

3/4 cup flour
      3/4 cup whole wheat flour
      1 1/2 cups 100% Bran® cereal"I used bran flakes"
      1 tablespoon baking powder
      1 teaspoon cinnamon
      1 teaspoon allspice
      1/2 teaspoon baking soda
      pinch salt
      1 large egg
      3/4 cup light buttermilk
      1/2 cup brown sugar
      1/3 cup canola oil
      2 tablespoons molasses
      1 1/2 cups carrots -- grated
      1 cup raisins
      1/2 cup walnuts -- chopped

MIX flours, cereal, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
      WHISK together egg, buttermilk, brown sugar, vegetable oil and molasses.
      STIR liquid mixture into dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in carrots, nuts and raisons.
      SPREAD evenly in greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until centre springs back when gently touched.
      Cool on rack. Cut into 24 bars. Store in airtight container or freeze.
      24 squares=2 points each
      Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Comment

WW Orange Muffins

WW Orange Muffins
        1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
        4 teaspoons sugar
        2 teaspoons baking powder
        1/2 teaspoon salt
        1/2 cup fat-free milk
        1/2 cup orange juice
        2 teaspoons orange zest
        1 egg
        4 teaspoons butter -- melted

Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
        In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
        Combine the milk and orange juice and orange zest. Milk will curdle.
        In a small bowl, combine the milk mixture, egg, and butter. Pour over the flour mixture,
        stirring just until blended. Do not overmix.
        Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
        Bake until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean and the muffins are golden brown, 20-25 min.
        Cool in the pan on a rack 5 min.; remove from the pan and serve hot.
        I made some mini muffins and regular size ones.

POINTS per serving: 2 for regular size
        1 for the mini size
        Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Comment

Angel Biscuits

Angel Biscuits

1 cup flour
          1/2 cup skim milk
          2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
          1 teaspoon baking powder
          1/2 teaspoon salt
          1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to375* and spray a 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Stir ingredients together and divide evenly between 6 muffin cups. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.

Comment

I am definitely trying these.

PUMPKIN APPLE OATMEAL MUFFINS

1 1/4 cup regular oats
            3/4 cup Health Smart Bisquick
            1 cup skim milk
            1/2 cup Egg Beaters
            1/2 cup canned pumpkin
            1 cup chopped apples
            1/4 cup Splenda
            2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
            1/4 tsp. salt

Throw it all together. Bake at 400 in 12 cup muffin tin sprayed well with nonstick spray for 20 minutes or until muffins are puffed up and tops are firm and golden. DELICIOUS!

Yields: 12 muffins/1.25 points per muffin
            Nommie

Comment

Cinnamon Bran Muffins

Cinnamon Bran Muffins

2 cups Kelloggs Extra Fiber All Bran Cereal or Fiber 1
              1 1/2 cup f/f milk

Soak the above for 5 - 15 min.

1 1/4 cup flour
              4 tsp. baking powder
              1/4 cup sugar (I use 1/2 sugar and 1/2 Splenda)
              1/4 cup golden raisens
              1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
              2 egg whites or equal amount of Egg Beaters
              1/3 cup Apple Butter

Combine the flour, b.powder, sugar, cinnamon and raisens in a large bowl.
              Add the eggs and apple butter to the cereal mixture.

Combine the wet ingred. to the dry and stir until blended. (some times I have to add a wee bit more milk if it seems dry)

Fill 12 muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray. (I use med. size muffin cups that hold about 1/2 cup of liquid)

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18 - 24 min. Or until a toothpick comes out clean.

I wrap the cooled muffins in plastic wrap and store all in a zip lock bag in the refrig. I reheat two muffins for breakfast on a dish in the microwave on 1/2 power (medium) for 1 min. 20 seconds.

1 1/2 pts each.

Ann

Comment

These really sound good! I have some homemade apple butter I sweetened with Splenda. I think I will use that when I make them.
                Nommie

Comment

i just

had ww berry muffin. 3 points. was great.

Comment

I have had them-you are right-they are good!
                    Nommie

Comment

Pina Colada Muffins

From WW Boards

Pina Colada Muffins
                      Servings | 36
                      Estimated POINTS® value per serving | 1

1 - 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice
                      1.5 tsp coconut extract
                      1-16 oz angel food cake mix, dry
                      1/4 c shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 36 muffin cups with Pam or use cupcake paper liners.
                      Drain the pineapple, reserving 1 cup of the juice. Stir the pineapple, reserved juice, and extract together in a bowl.
                      Add the cake mix, stirring until the ingredients are combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each half-full. Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the top of the batter.
                      Bake for 15 minutes on rack positioned in middle of oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.

**I also sprayed the cupcake liners with a little cooking spray just to make sure they would come out easily. These are sooo good!
                      Nommie

Comment

ooops! I had this posted in desserts!!

Diabetic blueberry muffins

Ingredients:

2 c Bisquick 1 Egg
                        1/4 c Artificial sweetener 1 c Fresh blueberries -(equivalent to 6 tb sugar) 2 ts Grated lemon peel
                        1 c Commercial sour cream

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425 F (210 C) and grease 12-cup muffin pan. Combine Bisquick and 1/4 cup artificial sweetener. Make a well in centre of mixture and add sour cream and egg all at once. Beat with a fork until all ingredients are well combined. Gently fold in fresh blueberries. Put 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup. In a small bowl combine lemon peel and 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener. 8. Sprinkle peel and sweetener mix over batter in each muffin cup. Bake on centre shelf for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. These muffins are best served hot. Exchange per serving: 1 bread 1 fat 1 serving equals 119 calories Makes 12 muffins Source: The Muffin Baker's Guide By Bruce Koffler From: Jeffrey Dean Date: 11-18-93

http://www.elook.org/recipes/baked/13130.html
                        I have never made these but they sound easy and good.

Comment

Nommie,

In the PUMPKIN APPLE OATMEAL MUFFINS, is that Splenda Grandular or Splenda for Baking? Those really sound good, and I plan to make them tomorrow.

Comment

Wizard, I am not sure. I would probably use the Splenda granular. I have not made these yet. If you make them today, definitely post a review for us! Thanks!
                            Nommie

Comment

Apple Pie French Toast 2

Apple Pie French Toast 2

Breakfast
                              POINTS® Value: 4
                              Servings: 2
                              *If you use only 4 slices of bread, it drops the points from 4 each to 3!*

Ingredients
                              6 slices Wonder Light Wheat Bread
                              1/2 cup Lucky Leaf Apple Pie Filling, No Sugar Added
                              1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
                              1 oz Kraft Philadelphia Free Fat-Free Cream Cheese
                              1/2 cup Egg Beaters Egg Beaters
                              1 egg white(s)
                              1/4 cup Cozy Cottage Sugar free pancake syrup
                              1 1/2 Tbsp McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
                              3 Tbsp Cool Whip Free Whipped Topping
                              Instructions

Mix egg white and egg beaters in a seperate container large enough to dip the bread into. Set aside. Place apple pie filling in small bowl and chop apples into bite sized pieces. Set aside. Mix cream cheese and splenda until well blended. Lay bread flat on surface. Place 1/2 of the cream cheese mixutre of 2 pieces of bread, then place the apple pie filling on the other 2 slices of bread. Sandwich, the bread with the apple pie filling, and cream cheese mixture together. Dip into egg mixture (both sides) then cook both sides until golden brown. Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon, syrup and 1 1/2 TBSP of cool whip. Take the other 2 slices and cook as regular french toast. Makes 2 servings, 1 sandwich and 1 regular pices of french toast each.
                              Nommie

Comment

Working...
                              X