Iso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iso

Did anyone copy the recipe that Nommie had posted on the old board that was for a WW veggie pie, using heartsmart bisquick, zucchini, tomatos, etc? I didnt get it down on time and cant find it on the bisquick website. TIA

I finally found it

here it is

Posted by nommie

This one was posted by vernalisa on Tried and True. With some modifications, it would work for us! Use lowfat Bisquick mix (I think it is called "Heart Healthy"now), lite butter, skim milk, egg beaters, and lowfat cottage cheese.

Impossibly Easy Spinach-Parmesan Pie

Even people who think they don’t like spinach will love this Greek-style pie!

1 tablespoon butter or margarine
    4 medium green onions, sliced
    2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain
    1/2 cup small curd creamed cottage cheese
    1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
    1 cup milk
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    3 eggs
    3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic in butter 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in spinach; spread mixture in pie plate. Spread with cottage cheese.
    2. Stir Bisquick mix, milk, lemon juice, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour into pie plate; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
    3. Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.

Comment

Here's another

nommie Posted
      Hey cotton, this is only 2 points and sounds alot like Vernalisa's recipe.

Veggie Pie

1 cup chopped Zuccchini
      1 cup chopped Tomatoes
      1/2 cup chopped Onion
      1/3 cup fat free parmesean cheese
      3 slices Roses Canadian Bacon chopped (1 pt)
      1/2 reduced fat bisquik
      1 cup skim milk
      1/2 cup fat free egg substitute
      1/2 tsp salt
      1/4 tsp pepper

Spray pie plate w/ pam. Sprinkle zucchini, tomatoe, onion, and cheese on bottom of pie plate. Beat other indgredients w/ wire whisk. Pour over pie plate. Cook at 400 for 35 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
      entire recipe 13 pts or 2 pts per serving (serves 6)

Comment

Panther, thanks for your help.The second one was exactly what I was looking for. I thanked you yesterday, but my reply disappeared

Comment

my first few post's did to when i started

Comment

Thanks for finding that cause I didn't print that one and wanted to put on my next grocery list.

Comment

I made the veggie pie tonite for dinner and it was really good! I got so busy here on the computer that I over-cooked it by 15 minutes, but that made it even better I think because the outside edges were brown and a little crispy. That recipe is definately a keeper!

Comment

I agree cotton, I love this recipe!
                Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Working...
                X