Eggplant - ISO recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggplant - ISO recipes

Nommies Turkey Eggplant recipe is my favorite, but after making it once a week for about 2 months now, I need new low-fat low-cal eggplant ideas. Any suggestions?

Here is one I found in my files. I have not tried it but sounded good.

1 medium eggplant -- ,peeled and cut
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3 medium tomatoes -- ,seeded and chopped
    2 tbls minced basil
    1 cup mozzerella cheese -- ,shredded part-skimed
    2 tbls shredded parmesan cheese

Place eggplant slices in a collander over a plate, sprinkle with salt and gently toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Coat both side with cooking spray. Place on a broiler pan. Top eggplant with tomatoes,basil and cheeses. Broil 6 inches from the heat for5-7 minutes or until eggplant is tender and cheese melts.

2 slices = 68 calories,3 g fat,2 g fiber.

ex= 1 vegtable and 1 fat
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Cotton, Bean posted a "tormented eggplant" recipe on tried and trued that sounded good.
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Yes, the tormented eggplant! One of my most requested recipes.

Comment

Cotton, Bean posted a "tormented eggplant" recipe on tried and true that sounded good.
          Nommie

Comment

Sorry for the double post. I tried to edit and posted again!
            Nommie

Comment

This looks good - not T&T.

Mexican Eggplant

1 medium eggplant, peeled, cubed, parboiled, and drained
              2 -3 bread slices, soaked in milk and squeezed dry
              1 cup of sliced black olives
              1 cup of tomato sauce
              1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder
              1/4 teaspoon of salt
              2 cups of corn kernels
              2 eggs, beaten
              2 cups of grated cheddar cheese

Mix together, reserving half of the cheese. Pour into a greased casserole. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350F. for 35 to 45 minutes, until puffy.

Serves 4

Comment

Bean, wow! That does sound good. Thanks for posting. If using low point bread, egg beaters, and 2% cheese, it should be reasonable on points.
                Nommie

Comment

Working...
                X