Caramel Corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caramel Corn

This is so good and my grandkids ask for it just about everytime they come over.

1/2 cup margarine (1 stick)
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup light Karo syrup
    Dash salt
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3 quarts popped corn

In microwave bowl combine margarine, sugar, Karo syrup, and salt. Microwave on high 5 minutes stiriing half way through. Stir in baking soda and pour over popcorn.

Re: Caramel Corn

I love carmel corn. Thanks

Comment

You can make that? You don't have to buy it ?
      I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Yes you don't have to buy it and this makes alot. Hey if you put peanuts in it and a cheap toy I guess it would be like Cracker Jacks.

Comment

Can you use this recipe or something along the lines of it to make peanut brittle? Does anyone have a microwave peanut brittle recipe?

Comment

googled and found this from allrecipes.com

INGREDIENTS:
            1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
            1 cup white sugar
            1/2 cup light corn syrup
            1 pinch salt (optional) 1 tablespoon butter
            1 teaspoon vanilla extract
            1 teaspoon baking soda

DIRECTIONS:
            1. Grease a baking sheet, and set aside. In a glass bowl, combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Cook in microwave for 6 to 7 minutes on High (700 W); mixture should be bubbly and peanuts browned. Stir in butter and vanilla; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
            2. Quickly stir in baking soda, just until mixture is foamy. Pour immediately onto greased baking sheet. Let cool 15 minutes, or until set. Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container.

Comment

How long does it take to harden? Do you spread it all out on a cookie sheet or something?

Comment

Sorry it took so long to reply, had an accident and broke my shoulder.

Anyway, this is ready to eat as soon as you stir it up. I just dump it over the popcorn and stir it up in a bowl. Be careful because it will be very hot at first.

Comment

Working...
                X