1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
    1 can butter beans, drained
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can pork and beans
    1 can lima beans, drained
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup molasses
    1/2 cup brown sugar

Place all in crockpot for a few hours and ENJOY!!

Re: Carla's Baked Beans

I cant wait to try this! Thanks for sharing it!

Comment

This does sound yummy! Thanx!

Comment

Question about this recipe. Here in the south, green lima beans are called butter beans, and the white ones that are bigger are just called lima beans. Is that how it is with this recipe? A can of green ones, a can of white ones, a can of kidney beans and a can of pork&beans?

Comment

here butter beans are white and lima are green. 2 different ones. Also, there are large butter beans and small, I use the small.

Comment

This recipe sounds delicious. I'm making this for the weekend.
            "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

My guys would love these with all the meat.......Maybe I should take these to a family function over the weekend.

Comment

I made this last night. I thought it was okay, but it wasnt a big hit around here. I asked for honest opinions from my guests and they said that even tho it was tasty and different, they expected it to taste more like the Southern baked beans that we make with onions and green peppers, and the sauce isnt so sweet. My sister suggested that next time I make it, to just make my traditional baked bean recipe and add all the meats that this recipe required. I have a huge crockpot full of leftovers that I couldnt get anybody to take home.

Comment

Sorry your guests didn't like it. Everyone has thier own tastes. I have personnally never had any leftovers and people want the recipe. Oh well, can't will them all.
                  Last edited by jewels; 07-05-2008, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Jewels, some of the company I had over just like to eat the same things over and over and they dont experiment or try different things often. I should have known better than to try something new on that particular group. Most of them were family, and theyve been used to traditional Southern baked beans that are brought to every family gathering, so of course these werent the same to them. Personally, I would make them again for a different group and they would probably appreciate them.

Comment

Working...
                    X