• Show
Clear All

• Nathalie Dupree's Peaches and Cream Pie

This is soooo easy and soooo good:

Peaches and Cream Pie - oven 350

1 unbaked 9" pie shell
    3/4 c sugar
    1/2 c flour
    2 c sliced fresh peaches or frozen, defrosted (this is only about 3 fresh peaches)
    1 c heavy cream

Mix sugar and flour. Sprinkle one-third of this onto the bottom of the pie shell. Add the peaches and sprinkle the remainder of the flour/sugar mixture over the peaches. Pour the heavy cream over the top and move the peaches around a bit with a fork so that the cream completely covers the peaches. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot or cool or a rack.

Nathalie Dupree’s “New Southern Cooking”

Re: Nathalie Dupree's Peaches and Cream Pie

P R I N T I N G !! How much easier can you get ??

Comment

Elaine, Natalie is actually still around - she was one of the judges on a Bobby Flay Throwdown show last week. She must be scraping the barrel, IMHO, for I hate that show. Arrogant SOB that he is..

Last night I watched one of 'Throwdown' episodes that I tivo'd.. a bbq re-match, where they took 4 world-famous masters of their trade, of whom all lost to him in past episodes? And they re-matched and of course - Bobby Flay won again. Against ALL of them - including an alcohol drink recipe that he went up against a master bartender/bottle-performer in Vegas. He stood there looking like he thought he was God-Almighty. They fix it I'm sure. I hate Food Network.

Comment

You know how I feel about that Steve (said it before); "we" don't have to like him, he likes himself himself enough. LOL

Comment

Yum...I have a peaches and cream cake recipe that's really good too. I'll post it now.
          The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

This was yummy!! Thanks Mew!

Comment

I used to have one of her ckbks. She had a peach cobbler recipe that I loved. I will have to try this. YUM! I love her recipes. TY!
              A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

This sounds delicious and so easy...I'll have to try this soon
                A friend is one who walks in when others walk out
                ~Walter Winchell

Comment

[QUOTE=moo;258658]I used to have one of her ckbks. She had a peach cobbler recipe that I loved. I will have to try this. YUM! I love her recipes. TY![/QUOTE]

Wait a minute?! Moo and Mew in the same thread!! LOL..

((I know, I know, doesn't take much to amuse me, ha ha..))

Comment

I used to enjoy her t.v. show, wish they'd bring back some of the old shows! They were more entertaining than some of the junk on now.

Sounds great! Thanks!

Comment

I baked TWO of these wonderful pies today. I have a question, though. It seemed after 45 minutes that they were still kind of "soupy". I baked an additional 15 minutes and they are good, but pretty solid. I guess I am asking what they should be like when they are "done". I thought that they would be too runny if I took them out at 45. THANKS!

Comment

Sort of custardy I guess would be the best way to describe the consistency.

Comment

I agree, mew.. perfect description.. wow, I haven't done this one in about a year, and now that we have the Georgia peach guy on the side of the road again, it might be time.. ((drool))

Comment

Working...
                          X