Gotta try this recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta try this recipe

Hey guys, I posted this recipe under Appetizers a while back ..... y'all gotta try it! I brought it today for a potluck at work and everyone is having a fit

I got this recipe out of The Austin American Statesman - FABULOUS! I changed it up a bit. I served it on a beautiful tray with Carrots sliced longwise, Celery, Zucchinni and Yellow Squash sliced with a ripple slicer and green & red bell peppers. Also, triangle sliced wheat pita that I sprayed with Pam olive oil and spinkled with a variety of italian seasonings.

LEMONY WHITE BEAN DIP

3 cloves garlic, minced with a press
    3 (15oz) cans of white beans - (1can garbanzo and 2 cans small great northern) drained and rinsed
    1/2c. FRESH parskey
    3/4c FRESH lemon juice
    1/2c extra light olive oil
    dash of sea salt
    2 dashes of tabasco
    Pkg of wheat pita bread

Mix all ingredients in food processor.

Everyone at work loved the dip! Next time, I will probably leave 1/2 can of the small great northern beans out and mix in by hand after combining the other ingrediants.

For the pita triangles. I cut into bite size triangles and spayed lightly with Pam Olive Oil (both sides). I them sprinkled an italian herb mixture over them. Baked then at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.... turned them and baked them for another 20. FABULOUS!

You MUST try this recipes..... it is delicious! I was a bit hesitant about using the EXTRA light olive oil... but it was wonderful!

BON APPETIT! Beth

Re: Gotta try this recipe

This looks great!

Comment

Wow, not only does the recipe sound good, but you sure went to a lot of effort creating a picture to serve it with. Hope that others worked as hard as you did with your presentation .

Comment

you'll love it I usually 2 cans of great northern beans & 1 can of garbonzo beans.... then up the FRESH lemon juice a bit and olive oil. Be sure to rinse the beans well. It's a healthy recipe too So easy to make... just throw everything in your food processor or blender. I usually make it the evening before and add the fresh parsley the next day ENJOY!

Comment

Sounds great Beth! On my To Try list!

Here is one I make - in archives - check it out.

Roasted Garlic and White Bean Spread

http://www.copykatchat.com/showthread.php?t=14049&highlight=Roasted+Garlic+White+Bean+Spread

Comment

Bean, your recipe sounds & looks delicious! I'm going to try it soon. The addition of the mustard sound absolutely delightful! Thank you for sharing Beth

Comment

TY & YW

I have fresh parsley growing and plan on trying yours soon.

Comment

Great always looking for a good pot luck recipe. Thanks will give it a try.

Comment

Does this come out like hummus?? If so, delicious! This sounds less expensive than buying it pre-made, crooks.. grrr.. lol, and thanks..

Comment

Yesm Kiop.......comes out like hummas. This past week I left a few of the bean (great northern) in tack... just for appearence

Comment

Beth...this sounds wonderful...TY!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X