Baked Chevre & Pasta w: Melted Ricotta & Herby Parm. Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Chevre & Pasta w: Melted Ricotta & Herby Parm. Sauce

As I mentioned the other day .... the dishes that I'm posting the recipe for were absolutely delicious! The recipes are out of a Crate & Barrel cookbook - "Easy Entertaining - simple recipes for every occasion".

BAKED CHEVRE

4 thick slices of goat cheese w:rind (Bucheron) - 2 oz per serving
    1T chopped FRESH thyme leaves
    FRESHLY ground black pepper
    extra virgin olive oil for sprinkling

4 slices of sourdough bread
    1-2 garlic cloves

foil for baking tray

Put the lices of goat cheese onto prepared (foil) baking tray, sprinkle with a little oil, dot generously with thyme leaves, and season with pepper. Bake in a preheated oven @ 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes until just staring to ooze & run.

Meanwhile, toat bread and rub it with cut garlic. When cheese is ready, spread it onto toasted, garlicy sourdough.

**** great just with a green salad

-------------------------------------------------------

PASTA W: MELTED RICOTTA & HERBY PARMESAN CHEESE

12oz penne pasta
    1/2c extra virgin olive oil
    1c (4oz)pine nuts
    4oz arugala, thinly sliced (about 2.5c)
    2T fresh parsley, chopped
    2T fresh basil, chopped
    8oz fresh ricotta cheese, about 1c mashed
    4oz freshly grated parm cheese, about 2c
    fresh black pepper

Cook pasta according to instructions.

Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet and toast pine nuts until golden. Set aside.

Drain pasta, reserving 1/4c pasta water, and return both to pan. Add pine nuts and their olive oil, arugala, herbs, ricotta, half of parm. cheese, and plently of black pepper. Stir until evenly coated. Serve with remainder of parm. cheese on the side.

BON APPETIT'!

Re: Baked Chevre & Pasta w: Melted Ricotta & Herby Parm. Sauce

PS..................... Sharon also put a small amount of roasted chicken breast (sliced thin) in the pasta.

Also, the goat cheese she used didn't have a rind. I don't know if she removed it or it just didn't have it. As the cheese melted it spread out. I think I actually prefer it that way vs. the goat cheese with the rind ... as I don't care to bite into a hunk of cheese

Also, she sliced the veggies, rather then chopping. Looked very pretty

Comment

Working...
    X