20 min
    Total Time:
    40 min
    Makes:
    5 servings, 1 cup each
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, divided
    1/4 cup flour
    1 cup milk
    1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
    1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    1/4 cup crushed RITZ Crackers

PREHEAT oven to 350F. Melt 3 Tbsp. of the butter in medium saucepan on low heat. Add flour; mix well. Cook 2 min., stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Cook on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Add VELVEETA; cook until melted, stirring frequently. Add macaroni; mix lightly.

SPOON into lightly greased 2-qt. casserole dish; sprinkle with shredded cheese. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.

BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.

Re: Velveeta Down Home Mac And Cheese

Yum, thanks !

Comment

Re: Velveeta Down Home Mac And Cheese

On my birthday (the 5th), DH took me & my extra-special grand-daughter (age 5) to the fanciest restaurant in town! On the childrens menu, mac 'n cheese was offered & she cleaned her plate like never before!

This dish sounds eerily like your Down Home Mac 'n Cheese recipe, floridagirly68, & I'm adding it to my itinerary for Laike (that's her name) days!

Laughs & Hugs,
      Manzanita
      "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Comment

Working...
      X