40 Minute Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 Minute Rolls

Nommie posted these in RTT. I made them at supper this evening. They were awesome. No I didn't take a pic! I brushed them with a little butter before I baked them, and alot of butter when they came out of the oven. It's a keeper, quick, easy recipe!!!

40 Minute Rolls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Reiman Board

40 Minute Rolls
    2 Tbsp yeast
    1 cup + 2 Tbsp warm water
    1/3 cup oil
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp salt
    1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
    1-2 cups white flour

Combine the yeast and warm water. Add the oil and sugar and let sit for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and knead until a soft dough forms. Shape into balls and place on a greased baking sheet. Rest 10 minutes. Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes until done. Makes 12 rolls.

Re: 40 Minute Rolls

did you really use two tablespoons of yeast? fresh or dried?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

mmm they smell sooooo good too..
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Yep, used 2 tbsp. I have a jar of breadmachine yeast I keep in the fridge, I used that. Worked just fine.

I had all the ingredients together, put them in my KA to knead, as I pulled it out to cut into rolls, I realized I forgot to put the egg in!!! I put it back in the KA and added the egg, and of course it just rolled the dough around the bowl, added a bit of flour and took it out and kneaded it together myself. Dough is really moist, whether it was suppose to be, or because I added the egg too late, don't know, but it worked!! lol

Comment

2 TABELSPOONS OS A LOT OF YEAST for so smalll a batch. how did it taste ?
          I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

They tasted really good, not to yeasty. I'm guessing that much yeast because of the short rising/no rising time. They really didn't fluff a whole lot, they did some, not a real, light and fluffy roll, but what whole wheat roll is. But, that may also be my egg mistake!!

Comment

these rolls were really good

Comment

Working...
              X