Roast Sticky Chicken Rotisserie Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roast Sticky Chicken Rotisserie Style

I made this yesterday and it was GREAT!!!! I didn't have white pepper so I just used a little more black pepper. Also, I made two seven pound roasters. So I just made alot more of the seasoning. Since I used the bigger chickens I increased the temp to 275 about half way thru cooking and they were done in exactly five hours.

Roast Sticky Chicken-Rotisserie Style

4 teaspoons salt
    2 teaspoons paprika
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 teaspoon white pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    2 onions, quartered
    2 (4 pound) whole chickens

1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, paprika, onion powder, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Remove and discard giblets from chicken. Rinse chicken cavity, and pat dry with paper towel. Rub each chicken inside and out with spice mixture. Place 1 onion into the cavity of each chicken. Place chickens in a resealable bag or double wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 to 6 hours.
    2. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
    3. Place chickens in a roasting pan. Bake uncovered for 5 hours, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Let the chickens stand for 10 minutes before carving.

Edited to say: After a couple hours I basted it every once in a while.
    Last edited by floridagirly68; 08-25-2008, 01:56 PM.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Re: Roast Sticky Chicken Rotisserie Style

That recipes looks like a winner....printing now!

Thanks.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I want to try this over the weekend. Is it safe to cook at a low temp of 250?

Comment

This sounds really good. I cook a lot of chicken. From reading the recipe, it sounds like it could be called Pepper Chicken! lol I'm going to try it, too.

Din Din, it is save to cook at 250 when you're cooking for 5 hours. Just be sure to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
        Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

It's really not peppery though. Peppery??? Is that a word??? LOL. I guess all the other spices balance it out. I even sprinkled some on the chicken after I sliced it.
          The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Working...
          X