Oatmeal Cookie...Healthier than most

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oatmeal Cookie...Healthier than most

I found this in a Taste of Home Supermarket booklet. I was wary at first, but they actually taste pretty good.

Oatmeal Cookie

3 cups quick-cooking oats
    2/3 cup AP flour
    2/3 cups sugar
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup egg substitute (I used 2 whole eggs)
    1/3 cup light corn syrup (I used honey)
    1 tsp. vanilla extract

In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder and salt. Add the egg substitute, corn syrup and vanilla; mix well.

Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks.

*Note...I used honey to get away from the high fructose corn syrup in the corn syrup. I also used the whole eggs because I didn't have egg substitute. The recipe said that the eggs may change the texture a little bit, but since I've never used the egg substitute, I cannot comment on that.
    The mixture is a little dryer than normal cookie dough, so I found it easier to just grab a ball of dough with my hands, squeeze it tight and form it into a cookie, flattening it a little bit and place on the cookie sheet. They do not spread, so you can put them close together.

Re: Oatmeal Cookie...Healthier than most

I can't remember the last time I had oatmeal cookies. Sounds really good!!!
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Re: Oatmeal Cookie...Healthier than most

i have used a lot of the Spark People recipes to be healthier, but it's not a treat when it's all whole wheat and applesacue..yours sounds better. Thaks for posting !
      I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Working...
      X