• Show
Clear All

• Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken

Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken

1 Whole Chicken (I cooked a 6 pounder)
    Olive Oil Cooking Spray
    Lawry's Seasoned Salt (no substitutes)
    Aluminum foil

Clean chicken inside and out. Spray with olive oil spray.

Sprinkle inside and out with Lawry's.

Spray inside of crock with cooking spray. Note: Do not put any water in the crockpot.

Roll some wads of aluminum foil into balls and put them in the bottom of the crock. The chicken is going to sit on these.

Put chicken back side down in crock on top of aluminum balls.

Cook on High (will not come out the same on low), 4-6 hours

I also use some fresh herbs (sprig of rosemary, sage) laying on top. I put 1/2 lemon & 1/2 onion in cavity. I use the rest of the lemon and squeeze the juice on the chicken before I spray it.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!
    Easy and sounds delicious!!!!!!

Can't wait to try this! Will be perfect to be cooking while we're doing home & yard projects and come in and already done! Love that!
    Sometimes when I'm working on projects, I don't want to take a break and cook - because then i won't want to finish my project. So this type of recipe is perfect!

Definitely trying soon!

Thank you again for finding & posting this!!

Comment

No problem! Also great for after church. Also, I forgo tell you-be liberal with Lawry's. I also used some kitchen bouqet with the olive oil spray-gives you a darker crust.
      Last edited by nommie; 09-30-2008, 03:47 PM.
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Just defrosting my chicken now!

Comment

I love this recipe. And yes, heavy on the Lawry's!

Comment

dumb question ................ "back side of the chicken" ?????? My thoughts are that the legs will be resting on the foil...is that correct?

Comment

[QUOTE=BJinTexas;280376]dumb question ................ "back side of the chicken" ?????? My thoughts are that the legs will be resting on the foil...is that correct?[/QUOTE]

Not a dumb question, BJ, the breast should be up, just like you see them in the deli.

Comment

thank you luv, that's what I was thinking I'm looking forward to trying this recipe. My only thought is that my 2 crocks are round .... guessing I could probably "rearrange" the chicken a bit

Comment

I've been making this for years and it is really good. I make my seasoning using Lawry's Seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and table salt. I like to (if I have time) season the chicken (inside and out), and put it in the fridge in a plastic bag the night before. The seasoning really permeates the chicken that way. It's still great even when I can't do the overnight thing. A few years back, a poster on this board shared a wonderful trick. Buy a box of the lids (use just the rings) used for canning jars and use those in the bottom of the slow cooker instead of the foil balls. Spray them as you spray the inside of the pot. I used to find that the foil balls would stick to the chicken when I'd remove it after cooking but it never sticks to the "rings" It works great! One more thing, my crock pot cooks pretty hot and sometimes the chicken would be a little overdone. I use a large chicken and cook it on Low for 8 hours in my potand it is wonderfully juicy and perfectly done!
                  May

Comment

this is delicious! i put lots of pepper on it along with the seasoned salt. i also put paprika on it for color.

if i did this right, here's a pic.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/dianabf/food001Small.jpg

Comment

Looks so good! I will be over for dinner!
                      Nommie

Comment

[QUOTE=lovesdogs;280484]this is delicious! i put lots of pepper on it along with the seasoned salt. i also put paprika on it for color.

if i did this right, here's a pic.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/dianabf/food001Small.jpg[/QUOTE]

Great pic! Yummy!!

Comment

Lovesdogs, How did you like it?
                          Nommie

Comment

YUMMMM! That looks so good!!! Thanks for the tip about the jar rings, Maybell!
                            Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I wasn't able to pull anything up It might have to do with my pc at work ???? everything else seems to be coming up ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X