X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmom
    • Jun 2006

Pork Chalupas

I made this the other night and was happy with the outcome..It tastes like a Mexican taco or burro filling...Made as is it was a little tame. Add a chopped Jalapeno or taco packet. This smelled sooooo good. The kids kept going into the kitchen and looking in the pot!
    Eat it like tacos or eat it with Fritos with all the taco or nacho toppings. This was good either way..We had lots of left overs so we did the Frito thing the next day for lunch.

Pork Chalupas

Submitted by: FANIFERGUS
    Rated: 4 out of 5 by 39 members Prep Time: 15 Minutes
    Cook Time: 9 Hours Ready In: 9 Hours 15 Minutes
    Yields: 12 servings

"A simple slow cooker meal! Pork roast is cooked all day with pinto beans in a seasoned sauce then shredded. Serve on tortillas with sour cream, salsa, and cheese or your favorite toppings. Great for small gatherings because it makes a ton. Freezes well too for quick meals later."

INGREDIENTS:
    1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
    1 pound dried pinto beans
    3 (4 ounce) cans diced green
    chile peppers
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    2 tablespoons ground cumin
    2 tablespoons salt
    2 tablespoons dried oregano
    2 tablespoons garlic powder
    12 flour tortillas

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Place the roast inside a slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a separate bowl, stir together the beans, 2 cans of the chile peppers, chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, and garlic powder. Pour the whole mixture over the roast, and add enough water so that the roast is mostly covered. Jiggle the roast a little to get some of the liquid underneath.
    2. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours. Check after about 5 hours to make sure the beans have not absorbed all of the liquid. Add more water if necessary 1 cup at a time. Use just enough to keep the beans from drying out.
    3. When the roast is fork-tender, remove it from the slow cooker, and place on a cutting board. Remove any bone and fat, then shred with forks. Return to the slow cooker, and stir in the remaining can of green chilies. Heat through, and serve with flour tortillas and your favorite toppings.
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 11/16/2008
    Last edited by gmom; 11-16-2008, 08:42 PM.
  • wishingstar
    Gold Member
    • Jun 2006

Re: Pork Chalupas

OMG! this is on my list to make for sure ....I might add some onion and cumin THANKS!

Comment

• gmom
      • Jun 2006

Re: Pork Chalupas

Wish..Sorry I forgot the cumin! Edited the original. This is good..The fresh chopped onion is a great idea. I did add fresh garlic instead of the garlic powder! Enjoy...

Comment

Working...
      X