Asian-Style Boneless Beef Short Ribs - PRESSURE COOKER RECIPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian-Style Boneless Beef Short Ribs - PRESSURE COOKER RECIPE

I made this tonight, easy and tasty! See notes below for using bone in ribs.

ASIAN STYLE BONELESS BEEF SHORT RIBS

from Cook's Illustrated's Pressure Cooker Perfection, pages 108-109

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 (2 inch) piece ginger, peeled, sliced into 1/4" thick rounds and smashed.
    1/2 cup hoisin sauce
    2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
    2 Tbsp. dry sherry
    4 scallions, white parts chopped coarse, green parts sliced thin
    1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
    6 (8 oz.) boneless beef short ribs, trimmed (See note below for bone in)
    2 Tbsp. Minced fresh cilantro

1. BUILD FLAVORS: Cook oil, garlic, and ginger in pressure cooker pot over medium high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. For electric pot, set on brown and cook for 1 minute. Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, scallion WHITES, and cayenne, then add beef. If using bone in, add 3/4 cup water to the pot with the beef.

2. Lock pressure cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over medium high heat. As soon as pot reaches high pressure, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 35 minutes, adjusting heat as needed to maintain high heat. For electric, lock lid in place at set on HIGH pressure and set timer for 35 minutes. If using bone in, set time for 90 minutes.

3. NATURALLY RELEASE PRESSURE: Remove pot from heat and allow pressure to reduce naturally for 15 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure, then carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you. If using electric, do not allow it to go to the warm setting.

4. BEFORE SERVING: Transfer short ribs to platter and tent with foil and let rest while finishing sauce. Strain sauce into fat separator, let sit 5 minutes, then pour defatted sauce into small bowl. Stir scallion GREENS and cilantro leaves into sauce and serve with ribs.

I made this yesterday for dinner. It was delicious. My brother came by and wanted to taste it. He loved it and took my leftovers home with him!
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

That's great! I just love my pressure cooker and the 3 cookbooks I use all the time for it!

Comment

Working...
      X