Parmesan Chicken and Rice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parmesan Chicken and Rice

I made this tonight for all 5 of us. Holy cow, did this ever taste great! Don't be put off by the Minute Rice, it worked perfectly and thickened up nicely when the Parmesan cheese is added.

PARMESAN CHICKEN AND RICE

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (1-1/2 tsp fresh)
    1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
    3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used thighs)
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 cup uncooked instant rice
    1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsleyHow to Make It

Step 1

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned. Add wine, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.

Step 2

Stir in rice and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese and parsley.

Charlene's notes: This was excellent! I used chicken thighs, fresh thyme and Pinot Grigio wine.

Charlene, I made this for dinner and lived it. Not thinking, I used crimini mushrooms which are a little stronger. DH doesn't like mushrooms. So, he ate it but wasn't crazy about it.
    Easy and good. Thanks!

Comment

Forgot. I cooked frozen peas and added at the end.

Comment

I used creminis too, but we love mushrooms. I thought the wine, thyme and mushrooms made a really nice flavor. Glad you liked it!

Comment

Working...
        X