Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken

this recipe came from skinnytaste.com blog. it is very good. I will make again.

Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken

1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast (I used 2 huge breast) blogger prefers skin on breast
    1 15oz. can diced tomatos with green chilies (I used reg. diced tomatos)
    1 can black beans drained and rinced
    8 oz. frozen corn (I used 1 can drained)
    chopped scallions (I used chopped reg. onion)
    14 oz. can chicken broth
    1 tsp. each garlic powder, onion powder, cumin & cayenne
    salt to taste ( I only used on chicken)

combine everthing except chicken in crockpot. Salt chicken and sear in a skillet. Lay on top of everything. cook low 8 hr. shred chicken and stir back in to crockpot. serve over rice.

**my notes. after reading all reviews. I only used 1/3 cup broth. drained tomatos. most said it came out like soup. I had alittle juice but not like soup. I checked it at 5 hr. and it was done. chicken seemed a bit dry but after stirring back in and leaving about 1/2 hr. it was fine. I also cut spices in half cause we don't like spicy. next time and there will be a next time, I will add all spices except only 1/2 tea. cayenne
    I served over brown rice with sour cream and avocado

Rosie thats pretty wild that you just posted this recipe!My sister had just told me tonight(about 30 minutes ago) that her DD(my niece) had gotten this same recipe from a co-worker at the bank that she works for,that had lost 40lbs.in the last month eating mostly nothing but this recipe & small salads to.My sis also said that my niece had been eating it for a week,minus the brown rice & lost 5 lbs.So now my sis is eating it & she said that its so good!.I told my sis that if a person is low-carbing that that concept had completely flown out the window,as the theory of not combining carbs & protein in a meal together.This is a no-no according to the Somersizing/Atkins low-carb way of eating.I may try this for awhile,the thing about it is,is that I think DH would first like it because it would remind him of tortilla soup flavor.But other than eating it once & then 1 x possibly as a leftover,he would only eat that much of it.He would become bored,I know.& eating just this for even a few days,forgettaboutit!But thats ok,more for me,i'll make him something else. TY Rosie.

Comment

Working...
    X