Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Cake in A Mug(For Rosie)

Hello Rosie,
    This is what we eat when we get that chocolate craving yet don't want to bake.

Chocolate Cake In A Mug:
    Serves 1(Or 2 if you want to share.)

In a microwave safe mug place these ingredients & stir with a fork:

3 T.flour
    3 T.sugar
    2 T.cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp.baking powder
    a pinch of salt

Add:

3 T.milk
    3 T.vegetable oil
    a splash of vanilla

Stir altogether till its mixed,then add chocolate chips,if desired.
    *Optional:
    3 T.chocolate chips(Its even good w/o the chocolate chips)

Place in microwave oven & nuke:
    60 seconds for a molten lava like cake or 90 seconds for a firmer cake.Let it stand for 1&1/2-2 minutes before eating.Serve with whipped cream or ice cream,but its pretty good on its own w/o embellishments.It will be warm & a little gooey when done.
    *Optional: You can even use already made frosting from the can.

Edited for: Changed the cooking time to 90 "seconds" instead of the wrong time of 90,"minutes" typo.
    Last edited by D'sMom; 11-13-2018, 01:58 AM.

Thanks D'sMom. I will let DGS give this a whirl and see what he thinks. This is something he can do on his own and he will like that.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Ok LTB I hope he likes it!

Comment

sounds good and easy. Just one question - do you really mean 90 minutes or is it 90 seconds for a firmer cake?

Comment

OH YEA THANK YOU so much. it is written down and sounds awesome! I just finished a plate of brownies so this will be next. I need bigger drawers LOL

Comment

[QUOTE=rosie;n736723]OH YEA THANK YOU so much. it is written down and sounds awesome! I just finished a plate of brownies so this will be next. I need bigger drawers LOL[/QUOTE]

You're very welcome Rosie,hope you enjoy it!

Comment

[QUOTE=Genia;n736700]sounds good and easy. Just one question - do you really mean 90 minutes or is it 90 seconds for a firmer cake?[/QUOTE]

Thank you Genia,I cant believe I did that!I normally preview several times before I post.I cant believe that that slid on thru but it did.Oops!

Comment

I've recently started trying Mug Cakes and they are wonderful. I tend to use sugar substitute. These also are great for portion control. Generally I add walnuts to my mix and then a dollop of whipped cream

Comment

My DGS made this, made it again and has been talking that he should make it again!!! He thinks it is easy, good and he loves watching it rise up in the cup, smelling it and best of all, eating it. If he does another one today that will be one a day for him. I think it is the idea that it is fun for him as well as tasting so good.
                  Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                  He drew a circle that shut me out.
                  But love and I had the wit to win,
                  We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I'm so glad that he enjoys making & then eating them! That's so important that he likes to cook & bake for himself & knowing how to cook in today's society,where it seems that the young adults & kids don't know a thing about cooking.& most of all, not being able to bake unless its something coming out of a pkg or a mix.Its a shame that most kids live on fast food!

You're raising him right in so many ways.

Comment

Working...
                    X