Cook’s Illustrated Spicy Gochujang Glazed Pork Chops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook’s Illustrated Spicy Gochujang Glazed Pork Chops

I made this tonight, first time using gochujang and white miso. It was so good!

Cook’s Illustrated Spicy Gochujang-Glazed Pork Chops for Two

SERVES 2

INGREDIENTS

2 teaspoons gochujang paste
    2 teaspoons white miso
    1 teaspoons soy sauce
    1 teaspoons maple syrup
    1 teaspoons orange juice
    1 small garlic clove, minced
    teaspoon kosher salt
    2 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless pork chops to 1 inch thick, trimmed
    1 scallion, sliced thin

BEFORE YOU BEGIN

Red miso can be substituted for the white miso. If your broiler has multiple temperature settings, use the highest. Make sure to use gochujang paste, which comes in a tub, instead of the sauce, which comes in a bottle.

INSTRUCTIONS

Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 275 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set wire rack in sheet. Spray rack with vegetable oil spray. Stir gochujang, miso, soy sauce, maple syrup, orange juice, and garlic together in small bowl.

Sprinkle salt evenly over both sides of chops. Place chops on prepared wire rack and brush 1 teaspoon glaze on top and sides of each chop. Roast until meat registers 135 to 137 degrees, 40 to 45 minutes.

Remove sheet from oven and heat broiler. Brush 1 tablespoon glaze on top and sides of each chop. Return sheet to oven and broil until glaze is bubbly and slightly charred in spots, 3 to 6 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with scallion and serve.

Charlene’s notes: I followed this recipe to the letter and it was fantastic! No need for changes at all.

This is the Gochujang I used, ordered from Amazon.

Chung Jung One Sunchang Gochujang 500 Gram Mild Spice
    Amazon's Choice

This sounds so good! I used to get my Gochuhang from oriental markets or Amazon. Now all our grocery stores sell it. Good stuff! I get the hot!

Comment

Working...
    X