Cajun Dirty Rice Casserole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cajun Dirty Rice Casserole

I made this tonight, it was delicious! I split it between two Casserole dishes, baked one, froze the other.

Cajun Dirty Rice Casserole

Cajun Dirty Rice Casserole - dirty rice loaded with chicken, smoked sausage, and parmesan cheese. SO good and SUPER easy to make! Zatarain's Dirty Rice, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, parmesan cheese, cooked chicken, smoked sausage, and french fried onions.

INGREDIENTS

1 (8-oz) box Zatarain’s Dirty Rice (I used Tony Chachere’s Dirty Rice Dinner mix)
    1 lb smoked sausage, chopped
    2 cups chopped cooked chicken
    1 (10.75-oz) can Cream of Chicken Soup, undiluted
    1 cup sour cream
    1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
    1 (2.8-oz) can French fried onions

INSTRUCTIONS:[LIST=1][*]Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.[*]In a large skillet, cook smoked sausage until starting to brown. Add dirty rice mix and water called for on the package. Prepare dirty rice according to package directions.[*]Remove dirty rice and sausage from heat. Stir in cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and parmesan cheese.[*]Spread rice mixture into prepared baking dish. Top casserole with onions.[*]Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until bubbly.[/LIST]
    NOTES:

Can make in advance and refrigerate or freeze for later.
    To bake after freezing, thaw completely and bake as directed above.
    Can use turkey smoked sausage.

Charlene’s notes: 2-6-2020 This was delicious! I used Tony Chachere’s Dirty Rice Dinner mix, couldn’t find Zatarain’s, otherwise no changes. We both loved it. I split it between 2 Corningware casseroles, baked one and froze the other. I wouldn’t change a thing on this recipe.

Working...
X