CC Turkey, Cheddar & Pickled Apple Sandwiches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC Turkey, Cheddar & Pickled Apple Sandwiches

I saw this recipe in Cook’s Country Magazine and they intrigued me, so I made them tonight. They were delicious! Don’t skip the pickled apples, they are so good.

Cook’s Country Turkey, Cheddar, and Pickled Apple Sandwiches

Feb/Mar2021
    Serves 4
    INGREDIENTS
    1 cup cider vinegar
    5 tablespoons honey, divided
    teaspoon table salt, divided
    1 apple, cored, halved, and sliced thin
    cup mayonnaise, divided
    cup whole-grain mustard
    2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
    8 slices hearty multigrain sandwich bread
    8 slices cheddar cheese (8 ounces), divided
    1 pound thinly sliced smoked turkey

INSTRUCTIONS
    Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Microwave vinegar, cup honey, and teaspoon salt in bowl until bubbling, about 3 minutes. Stir in apple and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain apple (brine can be saved and reused up to 2 more times).
    Whisk cup mayonnaise, mustard, rosemary, remaining 1 tablespoon honey, and remaining teaspoon salt together in bowl. Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with remaining cup mayonnaise. Flip bread and distribute mayonnaise-mustard mixture among slices. Distribute 4 slices of cheddar among 4 slices of bread, followed by turkey; apple; remaining 4 slices of cheddar; and remaining 4 slices of bread, mayonnaise side up.
    Transfer sandwiches to rimmed baking sheet and bake until cheddar is melted, about 15 minutes, flipping sandwiches halfway through baking. Serve.

Charlene’s notes 4-10-2021: These sandwiches are excellent! The pickled apples are really wonderful on them, so don’t skip them.
Working...
X