Garlicky Shrimp Pasta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlicky Shrimp Pasta

I tried this tonight and it was so easy and absolutely delicious!

GARLICKY SHRIMP PASTA

12 oz. dry linguini pasta
    1/4 cup reserved pasta water
    1 pound 51-60 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
    3 Tbsp olive oil
    1 medium Shallot, diced small
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 cup white wine
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    4 tsp dried or fresh tarragon
    2 tsp fresh lemon juice
    Salt and pepper

In a large pot, bring water to a boil for the pasta. (I salted the pasta water.) Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta.

While the pasta is cooking, dry the shrimp with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In two batches, heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the shrimp and cook until just cooked through, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining shrimp.

In the now empty pan, add the remaining olive oil and sauté the Shallot over medium heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about an additional 30 seconds. Deglaze the pan with the white wine, scraping the bits off the pan. Let the wine boil until wine reduces by half, about 1-2 minutes. Add the cream and pasta water and bring to a boil. Add the tarragon, lemon juice and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Let it boil one minute and remove from heat. Add the sauce and shrimp to the pasta and toss to coat. Serve right away.

Charlene’s notes 4-25-2021: This is outstanding! Very easy to make and delicious. I used more shrimp and less pasta but everything else was as written.
Working...
X