CC Gochujang Chicken Tortellini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC Gochujang Chicken Tortellini

I finally got a chance to try this out tonight, it is outstanding! Ken gave it a big thumbs up.

Cook’s Country Gochujang Chicken and Tortellini
    Serves 4
    TIME
    40 minutes
    INGREDIENTS
    8 ounces dried cheese tortellini
    1 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into -inch pieces
    cup honey
    3 tablespoons gochujang paste (start with less and add to taste) (I used 1-1/2 Tbsp, perfect)
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
    2 garlic cloves, minced (I used a bit more)
    2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
    8 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (2 cups)
    2 scallions, sliced thin on bias

INSTRUCTIONS
    Adjust oven rack 8 inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Bring 2 quarts water to boil in large saucepan over high heat. Add pasta and cook until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
    Meanwhile, combine chicken, honey, gochujang, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and ginger in 12-inch broiler-safe skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
    Off heat, stir in tortellini. Sprinkle with fontina. Broil until cheese is melted and just beginning to bubble, 2 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.

BEFORE YOU BEGIN
    We developed this recipe with Barilla Three Cheese Tortellini. Make sure to use gochujang paste, which comes in a tub, instead of the sauce, which comes in a bottle.
    WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
    Gochujang, a Korean chile paste, adds body and a complex kick of heat to a sweet and spicy sauce, making for an irresistible take on this cheesy chicken pasta bake.

Charlene’s notes 7-23-2021: This was outstanding and very different. I only used 1-1/2 Tbsp Gochujang paste and it was just the right amount of spiciness for us.
Working...
X