Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
    Makes about 24 cookies

1 - 15.25 oz. cake mix, any flavor
    1/3 cup oil or melted butter *
    2 large eggs
    powdered sugar to roll dough in *

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 350
    1. In a medium bowl, stir together "dry" cake mix, oil and eggs to make a stiff dough
    2. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes to make it easier to work with. Roll the dough into 1-in. balls (or smaller) and roll in powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart...they will spread.
    3. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
    4. They freeze well

Note* You can also use cool whip in place of the oil or butter. Simply omit the oil or butter and and stir in one thawed 8 oz. tub of cool whip. (I haven't tried this yet)
    Note* You can roll the cookies in whatever you want...powdered sugar, regular sugar, cinnamon/sugar mixture, sprinkles, etc.
    My Notes: This is the simplest cookie you can make. The texture is chewy. You can mix and match flavors and textures. I've done the red velvet cake mix and added mini chocolate chips. I intend to try the German chocolate cake mix and stuff them with coconut/pecan frosting. I might try 2 flavors of cookie dough in one cookie. Vanilla cake mix with candy cane chips, etc. The sky's the limit.

Working...
X